The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Climber Reccomendations?

32K views 94 replies 78 participants last post by  Huntin' fanatic 
#1 ·
I am going to be buying a new climber for archery season. I've always used ladder stands, but now that I'm getting more into archery I want to be more mobile and a climber seems almost like a necessity to me.

So which one do you guys reccomend? I've never used a climber before, but I'm a pretty experienced hunter, I'm in decent shape, etc. Please give me advice on which ones are easiest to carry/use, which ones are most comfortable, which ones are the best value, etc.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!!

#17 ·
What you should do is try different brands. Im sure there's people on here or buddies that would let you test there stand out on a tree. I use a Lone Wolf sit & climb. I have used loggy climbers and Summit Climbers. The Wolf was the best all around stand for me. I wanted my stand to fold up flat because I didn't have a truck bed for the summit. I had a summit Broadhead Backpacker that folded up but did not care for it. They are all good stands , to save you money it would be best to try different ones. I have altered my Lone Wolf into my version of a perfect climber. I changed the seat to a net seat. I also made my stands leveling adjustable while up in the tree. If your ever in my area I would be happy to let you climb some trees to let you get the feel of the Lone Wolf.

#22 ·
Summit Viper isn't all that light.

I would have recommended a Loggy Bayou Stalker as they were the lightest until Lone Wolf, but were by far the most stable stand to hunt out of. But they don't make them anymore. The company changed hands and I'm not certain they will make that model. With the hand climber it was 17lbs compared to the Summit's 20.

Find the lightest, quietest, stand with the largest platform, that packs compact to your body when you haul it on your back. Most likely the Lone Wolf.

I would avoid anything with a bar, but that is more personal and some guys need the added sense of security.

#24 ·
I'm always in the minority but I have an ole man and really like it.only down side is that it weighs 23 lbs. which I'm used to so it isn't that bad.Like everyone else said:try a bunch.It's been a few years since I've been down but aren't there usually alot of stands set up to try at the Harrisburg outdoors show.maybe try that?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.