The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
i use the pole saw that exstends with the rope that also has a pruner on it ...it works very well..then when hunting i carry a lil fold up saw with me in case i am useing my climber and i need to saw a couple limbs ..the saw in pic does not work well on loose hanging branches ...you can get one for around 40 dollars..

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
IMO any serious hunter that clears limbs has a pole pruned like I have. You can reach up about 15 feet with mine. I use that, a small clipper, and a small saw.just today, I visited 5 trees I use with my climber , still looked good, except a small branch or two, which never could of been reached without the pole pruner

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Beartrppr said:
PA-Joe said:
Don't forget the three cut pruning rule. You don't want to damage those trees!
bungee cords work well for opening lanes on sgl without damaging the trees

........and be mindful of Game Land REgulations if you hunt them.

·
Registered
8,561 Posts
I have something similar that I bought at a hardware store but it extends up to 18'...has a saw and cutter.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I use a normal pole saw for anything out of arms reach. For clearing lower limbs, brush, and small trees, I use a machete. I bought a good one by Ontario Knife. It has a finger guard and is up to military specs. You'd be amazed what that thing can cut through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts