The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time i clean my muzzy...a cva 50 cal...the spring that holds the ram rod pops out. my question is...do i got to take the entire gun apart when i clean it....i have a heck time getting that spring back into its spot. thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
All the ramrod retaining springs I have ever seen have all been secured by a small flat headed bolt most often on the rail at the bottom of the barrel. If it is loose it will fall out or off whenever the ramrod is removed. Maybe you can go to a store and look at another gun of the same make and model to see if yours is different.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish mine had one of these. I used to have a cheap traditions...same problem. Is there anyway I can clean it without taking the barrel out og the kevlar stock?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I just cleaned my PA Pellet. I do not have the breech plug, either. If i would have known more about flintlocks, I would have bought one with it.
I took mine apart to clean it once 3-4 yrs ago. No more. It was a struggle to take apart and to get back together. Now, I am not mechanically inclined like some folks. I know little about the workings of guns and probably don't care to know. Many people would not have problems, I suspect.
I clean it in one piece and hang it upside down by the heat to dry. It has the synthetic stalk, so all I have to worry about is not drenching the inner mechanical parts.

·
Registered
461 Posts
don`t understand , why its such a problem replacing the ramrod retainer spring. it just hangs in there on the forward lock bolt . if i am not mistaken . i have an austin halleck, a traditions , a cva and they all just hang on the lock bolt.just besure to put it in the right way, or your ramrod will not seat all the way home.. i tear mine down completely after ever shooting

·
Registered
461 Posts
don`t understand , why its such a problem replacing the ramrod retainer spring. it just hangs in there on the forward lock bolt . if i am not mistaken . i have an austin halleck, a traditions , a cva and they all just hang on the lock bolt.just besure to put it in the right way, or your ramrod will not seat all the way home.. i tear mine down completely after ever shooting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts