The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new solvent to try, was using an old old botle of hoppes that my grandfather had and it was very good at keeping copper and powder fouling out, ran out and went to the new #9 and it keeps the powder fouling out but doesnt seem to work to well on keeping the the copper at bay. Looking for something new to try. I was looking at the bore tech products, any first hand info on those. I shoot ALOT (reloading junkie ha) so want something that i can get in a decent quantity, and wont hurt any of my stuff.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I been using foam bore cleaners for some time now. I used few different brands. I get whats available at the time. I have Hoppe's elite its scent free and its just as good as the others mentioned above.

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
Wipe out foaming bore cleaner...I've tried the others...and IMO they don't stand upto wipe out.

For copper it's the way to go IMO... effortless...fumes won't kill you like many of the other copper cleaners...

Only issue is its a bit hard to come by...

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
mauser06 said:
Wipe out foaming bore cleaner...I've tried the others...and IMO they don't stand upto wipe out.

For copper it's the way to go IMO... effortless...fumes won't kill you like many of the other copper cleaners...

Only issue is its a bit hard to come by...
I use both Wipe-Out and Gunslick foams. One works as well as the other. Some say not but I haven't noticed any great difference between them.

My other three, Butch's, Meredith's TM Solution and the old #1050002 GM T.E.C for carbon.

Bill

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Bore Tech products are pretty good. A PA man, who is also my neighbor, developed a lot of the Bore Tech products. Look up Ted Schlosser. Anyway as good as they are I have been using the Weapon Shield line of solvents and CLP and have been impressed in all three of the CLP abilities. After many of my firearms were cleaned, or so I thought, I checked them again and had more dirt and grime come off, what I finally realized was the WS kept on pulling fouling and copper out of the metals pores. It's lubricating ability is 2nd to none. It has been the only product that I have used that keeps the Remington SP finish from rusting before my eyes on a wet spring day.I have a shelf full of products and WS has been my favorite for the last 4 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.