The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you all remove corrosion from leakin batteries in electronics like radios,toys,walie talkies,etc.I have had good success lightly scraping it off and treatin with WD-40.But was thinkin of a liquid rust remover to use where the batteries attach.Coca-cola supposed to work,any ideas?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
You can use baking soda with a little water. It works great. Use a q-tip dip it the water with baking soda in it. Nothing works better for removing the corrosion caused by battery acid in my experience. Then use a small wire brush on the contacts. It's what I work with every day.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,I,ll try it.I,ve used that on automotive batteries for years to remove acid.I,ve also used fine emory cloth.I,ve been wantin to get a tooth brush size wire brush.Thanks for the great tip.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I first used a little Coke and then went with BS.Let it soak for awhile then gently used a tooth brush.It is helpin but don,t think all of the rust will be removed.Can,t use a wire brush cause the parts are to fragile I think.Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Try using a piece of wet-dry 600-800 grit sandpaper on those stubborn rust spots...</span>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts