The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be OK to but cases with live primers in a tumbler to clean them. I got a lot of 44 mag brass from a relative that has been resized and primed but is pretty dirty. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Loaded or just primed brass?

If its only primed you'll probably end up with media stuck in the some of flash holes.

If its loaded some say it will or may break up the powder kernels. Dunno, I never performed that test so I can't say it will or won't.

If its a real concern I'd just give them a quick wipe down with #3-4 steel wool to clean them up a bit, shoot and tumble them the next go around.

Bill

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. They are just primed brass. I had the same thought about the media getting into the flash hole.

·
Registered
822 Posts
A lot of people tumble their cartridges after they are fully loaded. I would load the brass and then tumble them to clean up the brass.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
JMO , but i dont think its a good idea , load it , shoot it , resize and deprime it ,then tumble it to clean it for the next go round.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If it concerns you that your brass is tidy looking, just do as Ca Lunker suggested - load them, then vibe/tumble the loaded cartridges.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I would NEVER tumble loaded rounds. That's potentially asking for trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts