The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you fellow boaters use to get that bathtub ring off your boat. We have about 3 years worth of ring on the bottom of our boat and the wife said "clean the boat". and I just want to do it one time.
Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
One of the best things you can do is to put the boat away clean every year and not let dirt build up. Makes maintenance easier.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
If its nasty, spray on the Hull Cleaner ( many brands out there ) wait a few minutes, then pressure wash, boat comes out like new. Some of the Hull cleaner is wicked, you have to wear gloves. I agree, if you hose down good after each use, you never have to worry.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The cleaner I used most on my boats was a product called "Roll Off", I still use it at home. You wet the surface, spray it on and the crud will actually start to come off by its self, brush and spray clean. Any product that will take off spider crap and the green stain from the dead dumb bugs will take off most everything.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
I keep my boat in from early May until sometime well into January depending on the striper fishing and have been using STAR BRITE EZ-On EZ-Off Hull Cleaner. This removes any scum lines, rust and fish blood. I buy it from West Marine but it is also available at other places/
It is easy even if you do not use the power washer. If during the season I pull the boat for a hurricane then I will wash it down while its out of the water or get into the water with a brush and pour some down the side. Be careful since this is an acid base cleaner.
If you use this when you put away the boat and a mild wash and a couple coats of good wax before the boat goes in you should be set for the season without having a heavy waterline making your yacht look like a barge.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all the information. We will be going to Black Lake, NY this Saturday for a week with the grandkids and I will get it cleaned when we get back. This will prevent any NY critters from getting into the PA waters.
There is a Bass Pro store up there and I will get some hull cleaner and use the pressure washer and that should do it. Got to keep the wife happy.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Have fun up there. Havent been there in years.
We loved it and the fishing was good.

nessmuk said:
Thank you for all the information. We will be going to Black Lake, NY this Saturday for a week with the grandkids and I will get it cleaned when we get back. This will prevent any NY critters from getting into the PA waters.
There is a Bass Pro store up there and I will get some hull cleaner and use the pressure washer and that should do it. Got to keep the wife happy.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
fiberglass = the works toilet cleaner
aluminum = mothers mag wheel polish after hit with fine steel wool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts