The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone just see the end of that game???

Brady blows his lid at the end because he didn't get the call go his way, so he storms off the field berating the refs along with Mallett. He didn't meet Newton to shake his hand or anything, just went straight down the tunnel screaming at the refs the whole way...

More class...

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And listen to all the analysts, whining about how Brady and the Pats got jobbed, as usual. I think it is in their contract...

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
I forgot about the game being on, but I LOVE IT WHEN THE PATRIOTS LOSE!!!!! Belicheat is on espn right now with the constipated face, dead panning in a monotone about the game. Man, this is great! I'd pay to watch that.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And ESPN's resident ref expert says it was a good call, yet all the talking heads say he is full of it...

Man the bromance with Brady is reaching spooky levels for ESPN.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get to see the final play???

It looks to me like Gronk was heading to the endline, likely for a back of the endzone pass from Brady in which he outjumps everyone for it. Brady gets pressured, doesn't get everything on the pass, and it falls short and is intercepted. Gronk never even really makes an attempt to get to the ball, and even if he was untouched, it didn't look like he could have gotten back to the ball.

But the talking heads on ESPN are claiming that little Luke Keuchly (sp?) was able to muscle the 6'7" Gronk, away from the ball...

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rule 8, Section 5, Article 3 Permissible Acts

Article Permissible Acts by both teams while the ball is in the air. Acts that are permissible by a player include, but are not limited to:

(c)Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players, except as specified in 8-3-2 and 8-5-4 pertaining to blocking downfield by the offense.

The refs reviewed the tape after the game and concluded it was the right call, yet the Brady bromancers STILL are beside themselves over it...

Gronk made NO attempt to get back at the ball, leading me to believe that the original play was supposed to be a jump ball in the back of the endzone. Brady underthrew it because he was pressured, making it impossible for Gronk to make a play on that ball...

·
20,126 Posts
I will say that Brady handled the post game interview really really well. About as good a perosn could and came across really professional. While I hate him that guy is a competitor of the highest level. He doesn't want to lose and I would have done the same thing with the ref. Heck, I coach U12 soccer and work the refs over for my kids when they make a game changing call that they shouldn't have.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
His interview was ok, but him AND Mallett SCREAMING at the refs as they ran off the field is ridiculous.

Trot over to them and ask them why they picked the flag up, but the screaming and spitting and carrying on is ridiculous. Your professionalism carries onto the field as well...

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
I cant stand the Patriots, But that should of been a penalty, the ball was intercepted at the same spot where initial contact took place, How many pass interference calls do you see get called on uncatchable balls every week?/ A lot. But I am glad it wasn't called because Ive been rooting for the Panthers for the last 10 years!!!

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brady even admitted himself that the ball was underthrown. I'm sure it was supposed to by about 2-3 feet over Gronk's head in the back of the endzone but since it was underthrown, it was uncatchable...

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
If anything it should have been a defensive holding, not PI. If the ball's not catchable, its not PI. I call it karma for the low life OT of the Pats throwing that leg whip on the DE of the Panthers in the first half that wasn't called. At first, looked like an ACL tear. Fortunately, he was able to return to the game but he wasn't playing near the level he did before the contact.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Bucket is right, holding should of been called, also the defender did not play the ball. Kind of hard to catch a ball when you are being shoved backwards.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
Still not as bad as Cowher screaming and shoving a picture of the play in the refs pocket.
Exactly...if it were Ben Trask would be saying what a great competitor he is.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't condone what Cowher did either...

Funny how the haters come out, ASSUMING that the only reason I dislike Brady is because I am a Steelers fan...

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Weather it's a good call or a bad call, I'm so happy that the patriots feel they got shafted. They been doing it to the entire NFL for at least 13 years now. The only thing that could have made that call any sweeter is if it would've happened in the playoffs or superbowl.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Muzz said:
Weather it's a good call or a bad call, I'm so happy that the patriots feel they got shafted. They been doing it to the entire NFL for at least 13 years now. The only thing that could have made that call any sweeter is if it would've happened in the playoffs or superbowl.
Two words...TUCK RULE...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts