The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some unknown reason, I have always wanted a Citori. Never owned an O/U, don't really need it. My 870 Express has served me well for 15 years, taking just about every legal game animal in PA (no bear or yotes, but I ain't done hunting with it yet!)

Today, I got the Cabelas ad, and they have a Citori Satin Hunter model for $999, with a $150 rebate. Add in the $150 cash card I have from Cabelas, and it is like $699. Seems like a fantastic bargain.

Any likes/dislikes to share about the Citori Satin Hunter? I know that I should try a bunch of different models, see what fits, etc, etc, but I have always wanted one of these, and the deal seems unbeatable.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I don't Know about Satin Hunter but I have a Citori White Lightning 20 and love it. Shoot clays ,dove, grouse, pheasants ,quail and chucker. Like I said I love it!!
Smage

·
Registered
12,199 Posts
Larry, just my 2 cents. Citori shotguns are the only guns that beat the snot out of me. I had a Sporting Clays and another one, the model of which I can't recall, and I could not shoot either of them. after 2 shots they both raised a welt on my cheek that was on only surpassed by the one Becky Lynn Barkhamer put there when I was 14. I even had a soft comb put on my Sporting Clays and in cool weather I got a brused cheek. Shoot them, or similar models, before putting down any money.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Hmmm.. not sure what is happening to jimsdad, but I shoot my Citori all day long in comfort. I typically shoot at least 100 targets a day at the sporting clay range...

I am a shotgun addict. I love them. I have more than I need but not all that I want.. The Browning is my favorite O/U.

Best regards, Glenn

·
Registered
12,199 Posts
Glenn - it's a real puzzlement and I have had guys, experienced trap / skeet shooters too, watch my shooting form, gun hold and check if I am raising my face off the stock when the "bang" happens. No soap. And even with trap loads I get such a welt under my right eye that I have to stop shooting. One guy suggested that because I have a reputation as being tight with money that I am physically and menatally incapable of shooting expensive guns. Could be some truth in that

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I'd say that's a good deal. If it fits you get it. My preference is beretta because they tend to be a litle lighter and fit me better. The receiver is not as blocky as a citori. But if the browning fit me better I would not hesitate.

·
Registered
889 Posts
There is no such thing as a "good deal" on a shotgun that does not fit you. If you want to buy it then buy it. As long as you do not expect to shoot it well if it does not fit. Pretty Simple.

Personaly I never cared for the Citori's. But then I never really found one that fit me right. In the Citori price range I prefer the SKB. The SKB can be had in a top lock which is a stronger action.

And if I go with a bottom lock like the Citori then I like the Beretta 686. I think they are a better made stack barrel. And thet fit me better. Tom.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Not familiar with that model but in general Citori's are great shotguns for the money and the deal you have there is terrific. I have had a couple field grade citori's and while quality guns - I just could not shoot them well for some reason. Recently traded a field grade for a grand prix sporting and waht a difference - I shoot trap with it and just smoke targets, actually do better with this gun than my Beretta trap gun. Bottom line though is any Citori, especially new, for under $1000 is a great buy.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have never heard of the Satin Hunter. So you peaked my curiosity. So I looked it up. It appears to be a duck gun. With the big recoil pad. Are you wanting a 3-1/2" chambered duck gun?? Tom.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Larry,

Citoris are great guns, and you will love it!

I have the Sporting Clays edition, and won my class in the 20 guage event at the Skeet US Open in Atlanta in 1995!

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
InVenangoNow said:
Yes they are! Pretty impressive JH!
Thanks. I was a C-Class shooter in the 20 gauge. Shot a 99. Missed the 5th target, "High-2", and then ran the next 95.

Was my best performance ever.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picked it up last night. The satin hunter is a "workhorse" model, just a plain Jane kind of gun. But that's ok with me, as I buy my guns for hunting! I haven't shot it yet, but it shoulders and swings real nice.

Anyway, the deal just gets better. I just went on Browning's Website, and they have a sales tax rebate in addition to the $150 "Sign On Bonus" rebate. Put these two rebates together with the $150 Cabelas Cash card, and I just got a Citori for a sweet deal, sale price of $999 plus $360 off!

·
Registered
955 Posts
The only problem I ever had with fit for my Citori's is LOP, I'm a taller guy so that's just about any gun. Good luck with you new toy, they are running machines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts