The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to pop the clip out of the gun when I went to the truck for lunch and set it inside. The WCO said he would recommend the low end of the fine limit. Since he thought it was an honest mistake.(Which it was) What should I except?

I know I am a idiot please don't point out.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You can either post a one-sided complaint on an anonymous Internet message board, or act like an American and stand up in court and let a judge decide.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gunwalker said:
You can either post a one-sided complaint on an anonymous Internet message board, or act like an American and stand up in court and let a judge decide.
No one is complaining. I just wanted to know what kind of fine to expect. I forgot to ask because I was in shock of my stupidity. Thanks for your pointless reply.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
The man just wants to know how much the fine will be! He's not complaining, trying to fight it or bashing anyone! He even openly admitts he made a stupied mistake.

Sorry, if I know how much I'd help ya out. I can't see it being a lot though.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Call the PGC or the court and ask how much the fine could be. Why is everything a big mystery? Is this HuntingPA or Snopes?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks the those with the sensible replies. I plan on paying it. The courts are closed by the time I get home for work and the WCO sounced like it was up to them. The WCO was very nice and almost apologetic for giving it to me.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i think its a sliding fine of between $75 and $100 plua court costs, WCO RWJ or maybe RSB can answer this...either way, you made a mistake...i would just pay it and be done with it...mistakes happen. glad you had a "positive" experience despite the violoation.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
CoyoteDave said:
I forgot to pop the clip out of the gun when I went to the truck for lunch and set it inside. The WCO said he would recommend the low end of the fine limit. Since he thought it was an honest mistake.(Which it was) What should I except ?

I know I am a idiot please don't point out.
I usually don't say anything about spelling. Mainly because I am bad at it. But this is probably why people may think you are complaining.

·
Registered
361 Posts
$100.00 plus $53.00 for court costs...LOL yep my uncle just went to the magistrate this morning. On Tuesday we came out for lunch...he set his gun up against my truck, and a WCO pulled in. He was also very nice in explaining the dangers of doing so. Stupid mistake...anyway they told him the max would have been $300.00 plus costs...

·
Registered
957 Posts
the charge would be under section 2503 and is a summary offense of the 5th degree and the sliding fine is from 75.00- 200.00 plus costs....

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
LJ Drake said:
A couple posts on this was just wrong and uncalled for.
I agree!

It's is pretty bad when you ask a simple question and people jump on you.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I had an orange violation a while back and it was a 100 dollar fine, and 47 dollars in costs. I know its the same violation, but figured I would throw some numbers out too. hopefully its not too much, you made an honest mistake just as I did when I got my fine.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
pay the fine and ignore the guys who are so perfect they never committed any transgression what so ever in life!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Hey honest mistakes happen to honest people. I never encountered a WCO so I have no idea what they even look like let alone how much their fines are! Sad but true! ( Yeah I know they are just normal people with green jackets and mushroom colored pants so no need to point that out!) I saw pictures of them! HAHA They are elusive in my parts, mostly indigenous to 2G and Extant in 2E? Not sure though!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
mastertracker said:
If it's in a stationary vehicle it should be a Summary 5-$75.00 to $200.00. Court costs will be another approximate 50 bucks or so.
Mastertracker is correct.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts