The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to go from a Rubbermaid tote to more of a chuck box style of keeping all the camping kitchen stuff together and organized. I am wondering if anyone has made one and has any suggestions or ideas, or better yet plans?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
BAck in the old days our scout troop used boxes like this. I remember them being big and heavy with pipe or 2x4 legs. The inside was partitioned to fit your supplies. Cookset,food etc. Size it to fit your transportation and one or two man carry. Think the size of a footlocker,I would say 30"w x 24"h x 16" deep with a drop front worktable on jackchain. legs can fit on the sides A frame style . Use pipe hangers if using pipe legs.
A link to scout stuff
http://scoutmastercg.com/chuck-boxes-and-camp-kitchens/

·
Registered
624 Posts
Our scout troop uses the boxes your thinking about. They are nice for cooking, but are very heavy. Takes at least four of the younger scouts to move. They are not very portable. We are looking at and alternative but don't know what. Have found that need to keep patrols small.Easier to handle(cooking, clean-up ect.) I think small aluminum tool box?????? Good luck

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used them in scouts as well. Was just looking to see if anyone had suggestions to improve upon them. We currently use a Rubbermaid tote that is less than stellar when it comes to organization, and would like to step it up a notch.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Try Pintrest Lots of box ideas there. Also if looking for premade almn. or galv. steel check into one of livestock show boxes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts