The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im am going out to work my gsp. Not sure where im going yet. Any one able to get out in the pittsburgh region for a few hours?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I will be going out for Pheasants in the Morning. then going Grouse hunting.. if anyone would like to come along, Let me know. Im up in Elk Co.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I cant do a christmas eve hunt due to family. But id love to get together in the next couple weeks. I too have a GSP and would like to get him running along with another in the field

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hunting on Christmas Eve?

The split always closes on the 23rd...until this year, it seems.
2006 - 23rd

2008 - 23rd
2009 - 23rd
2010 - 23rd
2011 - 23rd

That's kind of grating because we all had off, but it is always closed Christmas Eve, so we didn't go out. This post is the first I heard of the change. They supposedly stocked last week too. It would have been nice to get out.

I read it pretty thoroughly but I didn't catch that in the book.

How did you guys do?

·
Super Moderator
13,779 Posts
FullandFuller said:
Hunting on Christmas Eve?

The split always closes on the 23rd...until this year, it seems.
2006 - 23rd

2008 - 23rd
2009 - 23rd
2010 - 23rd
2011 - 23rd

That's kind of grating because we all had off, but it is always closed Christmas Eve, so we didn't go out. This post is the first I heard of the change. They supposedly stocked last week too. It would have been nice to get out.

I read it pretty thoroughly but I didn't catch that in the book.

How did you guys do?
I was parked in the same parking lot as Pheasants and heard them doing some shooting so I suspect they too found some birds.

I did ok.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did end up going from day light till noon. We didnt see any thing but had a great morning being out with my dog!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts