The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Chris is becoming more active here. We should all give a great big welcome to someone with his experience. If you don't know him, check out his web site listed in his profile. The man can build like very few others!!!!!!!! He also has a gun featured on the CLA Blog right now.

Bill

·
Registered
12,887 Posts
Awsome!!I just saw him mentioned on AmericanLongrifles board also and said hey to him
I bet his rifles are pricey? He hand makes it all from the ground up, including the barrel and lock

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Guys, Thanks for the kind words.

Orvis, The underside of the frizzen is cut out with what is called a cherry. This is (cut-out) feature is found on some European locks. It keeps the powder in the pan from becoming crushed or compressed, which leads to faster ignition.

Chris Laubach

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
PM sent Chris.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I count Chris as one of my closest friends and have handeled every gun he has built in the last 5 or 6 years(they are even better in hand)

Chris's knowledge of the longrifle and attention to detail put him in a class with few others and without his help my rifle building skills (if you can call them that) would be about zero. THANKS Chris

D. Bowman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts