The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm sure this has been asked in the past, but looking for some helpful advice. I'm an avid bowhunter and have never used a crossbow before. I had back surgery on Tuesday and have a fairly long recovery time, as far as lifting is concerned. I should be allowed into the woods hopefully by the time the season starts or atleast by the second half. Anyway, my compound and treestand are probably not realistic this year. I'm thinking of getting a crossbow and trying to hunt from the ground. I'm looking at the Barnett Penetrator with the built in crank. Any opinions on this bow or any suggestions? I'm thinking I'd like having the hand crank option and since the penetrator comes with one in a package I thought that might be a good choice. Thanks for any help, dave

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
hunt4ever said:
In the same boat as you. Just bought a barnett jackal. Barnett has come a long ways since years past. Customer service is great amd warranty ain't bad either
How do you find that Barnett crank and the reduction? Seems common with allot of injuries this year - bicep tendon for me. I'm being told Ten Point Accudraw is best and safest system - of course you pay for it. My arm is still in a sling so hard to try but in my looking around SE PA here no one seems to have anything but the TenPoint to even try a crank? I've even been to Cabela's in Hamburg twice and did try the accudraw.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
TenPoint does make the best crank for sure. Am rope cocker will probably be too much for your back as you mentioned.

Barnett is getting better every year, IMO. Their customer service is pretty darn good now. The Penetrator started as a exclusive to Dicks Sporting Goods but is now in their regular product line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts