The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Choke question

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mightyjoeyoung 
#1 ·
I bought a new shotgun for turkey this year. Happens to be a benelli supernova with 24in bbl. Let me say one thing before I get to the question. I know practice makes more of a diffenerce than a choke tube. However, I am looking to get a good choke tube. I usually shoot winchester lead loads. I can't remember the exact model shell. I know it is the heavier payload, and not the lighter higher speed payload. Either way I am looking for a decent choke tube to start off with. I had a friend recommend Jebs chokes to me. My concern is the constriction seems extremely aggressive at .655. I know you can get different restrictions, but this is the recommmended restriction for my bbl I.D.

I went on jebs website to read about how he came up with his idea and how he executed it. It seems to make sense, but marketing can be more powerful than logic or science.

Does anybody have any experience with my gun and a choke tube/ammo combination? Does anyone have experience with JEBS chokes?

Thanks in advance for any input,
Jon

#2 ·
Jebs chokes aren't cheap but they seem to work and have a decent following. The nominal bore diameter of your shotgun is such that a .655 choke should be good for lead that usually likes a tighter constriction than the non-toxic loads that have shot that doesn't flow through a choke like lead does but more rebounds requiring a more open choke to get a decent pattern.

#3 ·
That what I understand from reading jebs website. But they also test all of their chokes to Hevi-shot and recommend hevi-shot. When I asked them for the restriction recommendation the customer service rep went with .655, and never asked if I used lead or not....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.