The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
Wow, that is suprising. I really thought the only reason he even interviewed was to get Oregon to pay him a higher salary.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Buckethead said:
Wow, that is suprising. I really thought the only reason he even interviewed was to get Oregon to pay him a higher salary.
Actually, Phil Knight ponied up the extra cash for Oregon. He's a huge alum.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Danesdad said:
like the Penn State guy!
Not true.
From many reports: “No one at Penn State has ever come to me and said to me, ‘We’re going to make a donation so you can get a raise,’ ” O’Brien said. “That’s a bunch of malarkey. It’s not true, it’s never happened and it never will happen. That’s the last thing I’m about.”

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Sorry. I watched a lot of Oregon football this season. I don't see Kelly's offense working in the NFL. He succeeds by running plays every 20-24 seconds to wear down the defense since they can't substitute. Don't see the overpaid, privelaged NFL players running an offense that fast, all game, all season.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He got the 1.3 mil from the buffalo sabres owner,the guy that started hockey at PS.He's the cashcow for the university.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Washpa Randy said:
Sorry. I watched a lot of Oregon football this season. I don't see Kelly's offense working in the NFL. He succeeds by running plays every 20-24 seconds to wear down the defense since they can't substitute. Don't see the overpaid, privelaged NFL players running an offense that fast, all game, all season.
I agree! Hope we are both wrong!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Just like you as a private citizen, "the guy that started hockey at PS" has the right to spend his money as he sees fit.

He is hardly the "cashcow for the university".

BTW: He did not start hockey at Penn State. It's been around for very long time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts