The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new bow to start archery hunting again and with my nightly practice, my 10y old daughter is VERY interested in shooting. I'm not sure of what equipment to look for that will fit her. She's on the small side but she's interested so I want to let her pursue it if she wants. Advice on brands, models etc. Thanks in advance for the tips!!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
In the early spring I purchased a Fuse Freestyle compound for my 7 year old daughter. I believe its adjustable from 15 to 25 lbs. and the draw length is adjustable too. My daughter is about 4'6" and 60 lbs and is having a blast with her bow, not to mention its pink camo. I got it off of ebay for around $50 I think. The rest was flimsy, i had a different rest sitting around and put it on and that helped. I also purshase a Martin Tiger for my son, he's 4 1/2 and is doing great with it. But for a 10 year old, i would go with the Freestyle. Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Mathews came out with a new line for women and children. It is called the Mission line. You get the Mathews quality at a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
My son turned ten in february,he received a mission menace for christmas,I highly suggest you look into it. It has a lot of adjustment for weight and draw length,I forget the specs I will look at it shortly. I put a whisker biscuit rest and a three pin cobra sight on it with a tube peep sight and he uses a wrist strap release.This bow is nice! and it has lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
spur said:
Mathews came out with a new line for women and children. It is called the Mission line. You get the Mathews quality at a fraction of the price.
The Mission menace is the youth/starter bow of the mission line. All the rest are "big boy/girl bows".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts