The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is a dental assistant. Today she had to go to a seminar on recognizing signs of child abuse. Ok. Seams obvious. Bruises, bumps etc. Whatever small boys get these on their own as well. But nope. It's about teeth that aren't taken care of. Kids who never go to the dentist. But finally do. Aren't you discouraging finally going when it's bad. How to tell if it's neglect. I don't recall ever going before I met my wife. I was 18. Didn't mean I was neglected. Time for someone to mind their own business. Bad teeth =neglect? Doubtful. Heck half my friends in perry County will be in jail. It's just a matter of priorities.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
It is the personal life controls associated with Obamacare. I blew out a disk in my lower back, and at the latest visit after epidural shots, my Dr was on FMLA, and I saw a different Dr.

She asked where my contract with my Dr. was that agreed to random drug tests in order for them to fill a Percocet script. And was surprised there wasn't one.

·
Registered
19,642 Posts
This isn't the first time I heard of this.
This is just another case of government poking its nose were it doesn't belong.
If they want kids to have great teeth they should provide free dental coverage till the kids turn 18. Even with a good dental plan its going to cost you by the time you walk out of the office.
Also they now want to put parents in jail for the kids playing hookie.

·
Registered
39,972 Posts
Also they now want to put parents in jail for the kids playing hookie.
Now that's silly. How can the kid develop a good slap shot if he doesn't play hookie?

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
You would be surprised at the number of parents charged with abusing their infants and then the kid turns out to suffer with previously undiagnosed brittle bone disease. The kid is yanked away from the parents, the parents start blaming the other, they end up spending thousands to defend and try to get custody back. The system manages to victimize a lot of families. The Feds pay a "bounty' to every local agency that pulls a kid from the family and an even higher bounty when parental rights are terminated. Baltimore County's child abuse office got caught fudging it's books and had to repay millions in bounties back to the fed.

I know of at least one judge in York County that turned a mother of five into children and youth during a custody hearing, when a witness testified about the fact that an 8 year old was kept locked in a room, not toilet trained and expected to eat from a dog bowl on the floor. The mother kept newspapers all over the floor and left the kid run naked to cut down on laundry. The father of the woman's older two children won custody of the boy. The mother lost custody of her youngest children to Children and Youth.

·
Registered
19,642 Posts
Lets clip this in the bud and charge all the mothers that come in to deliver babies that are high and drank all during pregnancy with attempted murder and child endangerment and place the child up for adoption to someone that will appreciate a baby, even a damaged one.

I am not in favor of government getting involved with parenting, but I don't agree leaving someone that cant be responsible for their own life make decisions for another's life.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
Mother's who do drugs or show up drunk at labor and delivery are often charged. Won a custody case with out a trial when the mother was 7 months pregnant with another child and was caught in the act of shooting up.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
And yet New York City recently made it a crime for a Bartender to refuse alcohol to a pregnant woman.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Birch812 said:
Lets clip this in the bud and charge all the mothers that come in to deliver babies that are high and drank all during pregnancy with attempted murder and child endangerment and place the child up for adoption to someone that will appreciate a baby, even a damaged one.

I am not in favor of government getting involved with parenting, but I don't agree leaving someone that cant be responsible for their own life make decisions for another's life.
Well said Birch .
It's understandable that some parents may not be able to afford good dental care , but toothpaste & toothbrush go a long way to heading off problems and infections that damage many other body organs . JMHO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts