The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevy is starting a truck bed durability test commercial today.Loading each trucks bed w/out liners with 825#,s of concrete landscaping blocks.I might add that they are dumpin em in with a skid loader.I heard Ford,s aluminum bed came out DOA while Chevy,s just got bumps and bruises.It don,t look good for Ford.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!!!!!!!!Now that,s a major eye opener.I too never thought it would be so vulnerable and chinsy.Grasping?I don,t think so.Ford,s gonna have a lot of unhappy new owners.This is gonna spread like syrup on hot cakes.Chevy hit a home run with the bases loaded showin this commercial.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,814 Posts
That is why I drive a Tacoma, they come with a bedliner. Who would want to scratch a painted bed on a 30-50k+ truck weather steel or aluminum. They both need to get up to speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
good ole boy said:
Wow!!!!!!!!Now that,s a major eye opener.I too never thought it would be so vulnerable and chinsy.Grasping?I don,t think so.Ford,s gonna have a lot of unhappy new owners.This is gonna spread like syrup on hot cakes.Chevy hit a home run with the bases loaded showin this commercial.
I bet it really has little impact on sales. GM is still in business and they tried to cover up defects that cost people their lives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LONZO said:
That is why I drive a Tacoma, they come with a bedliner. Who would want to scratch a painted bed on a 30-50k+ truck weather steel or aluminum. They both need to get up to speed.
Oh yeah,I forgot about those.Ford don,t have to worry about losin sales to those frame rotted champs.Maybe they ought to take a page out of Fords play book and make their frames outa of aluminum.It sure would be better than the saran wrap crap frame they produce.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,283 Posts
Will GM's lower crash test rating vs. fords high rating hurt their resale value?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,814 Posts
They replaced the frame on my Toyota at 12 yrs old at no cost to me and gave me a rental to get a lot of trips out of my system so I am happy. My 2016 frame will be just fine as unlike ford Toyota learns from their mistakes. My brother bot a new loaded 2012 1 ton 4 door diesel and at 7000 miles it was overheating, turns out the antifreeze was polluted, instead of apologizing for the possible damage to the engine which will probably shorten it's life, they had the nerve to try and charge him 1000$ for the antifreeze change. He had to threaten a lawsuit to get them to drop the charge. You can drive fords all you want, but after that B.S. I'll never own a ford.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,347 Posts
good ole boy said:
LONZO said:
That is why I drive a Tacoma, they come with a bedliner. Who would want to scratch a painted bed on a 30-50k+ truck weather steel or aluminum. They both need to get up to speed.
Oh yeah,I forgot about those.Ford don,t have to worry about losin sales to those frame rotted champs.Maybe they ought to take a page out of Fords play book and make their frames outa of aluminum.It sure would be better than the saran wrap crap frame they produce.
That old song about rusted frames has been over and a non-issue for years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
I'm not sure how anyone could watch that and still say "eh, that's OK". My '09 F-150 carried gravel, limestone, chucked firewood at it and it didn't have a bedliner. Sure, the bed was all scratched up but there weren't any holes.

I'd actually be more concerned about that tool box than the falling bricks. That seems like an every day scenario for guys that actually use their trucks. But as long as the gas mileage is good....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,882 Posts
I don't know very much about different types of aluminum but it's a fact that aluminum breaks.Also,while it doesn't rust per say,it most certainly does corrode.I had an all aluminum 4star horse trailer.I used it a couple of times in the winter and crap that they spray on the roads ate right through it in a couple of places.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
957 Posts
Who has a truck without a bedliner anyway?

As far as Toyota, I just picked up my 2005 Tacoma that had the frame replaced. Rides nice and like a brand new vehicle. It took 4 1/2 months and Toyota gave me a 2016 F150 Crew Cab as a loaner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
As far as Toyota, I just picked up my 2005 Tacoma that had the frame replaced. Rides nice and like a brand new vehicle. It took 4 1/2 months

And this is a "good" thing???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
957 Posts
BRN2RUN said:
As far as Toyota, I just picked up my 2005 Tacoma that had the frame replaced. Rides nice and like a brand new vehicle. It took 4 1/2 months

And this is a "good" thing???
How many companies would replace the frame of an 11 year old vehicle at no cost? I've had a Toyota truck since 1993 and not only do they hold their value, the company stands behind their product! That being said, I really like the F150 Crew and would have no problem buying one since I just test did a test drive for 4 1/2 months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,882 Posts
It says a lot about the customer service but not as much about the product.It doesn't matter as they all rust because of the junk they spray on the roads.I'm willing to bet that the undersides of the aluminum Fords will also be a disaster after 8 years or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,814 Posts
This stuff their spraying on the roads is bad, I have a friend who is a mechanic and he is amazed at the frame corrosion on 2-3 yr old vehicles, looks like they are 10-12 yrs old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,882 Posts
Yep,once it's dried and then get's wet again,it vaporizes and gets into every little nook and cranny.
 
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Top