The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a new truck( new to me not necessarily new) really soon and I have noticed that the chevy's sit lower than a ford or dodge. I really want to buy chevy but don't want to to spend the bucks to make it look taller is there a quick fix in making a chevy sit higher? specifically I found a great deal on a 06 sierra ext cab but the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger and buying the truck is how low it sits to the ground any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
you can adjust the front torsion bars to get more height it will ride a little stiffer and you should get it realigned. i have an 07 chevy crewcab duramax and i love it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
on 07 and newer you can buy a leveling kit a National tire and wheel for $69.95. My wife drives an 07 crew cab silverado with the leveling kit and 285s on it. I drive a 09 Sierra with a rough country 3 inch suspension lift that cost me $350 and i also run 285s. 06 and older gms u can just crank the torsion bars up a few turns to level the truck. Just make sure you get it realigned

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys going to try cranking on the torsion bars... drenalinjunkie where did you get your suspension lift? 350 is a good price.

·
Registered
219 Posts
cranking up torsion bar will make it a bit rougher. also i wouldn't crank them up the whole way, hard on a independent suspension

·
Registered
864 Posts
that was for my 09. It has a coilover suspension design so its a little different than torsion bar. My buddy has an 05 K1500 and a company called sway away makes a different spring rate torsion bar that we installed with ready lift torsion bar keys and a add a leaf in the rear with pro comp shocks. I guess call it a homemade lift from different manufacturers but he has put 80k miles on it with no issues and runs 33 inch tires. A few companies make torsion bar keys that reindex the bar and change the spring rate, therefore mantaining the factory ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts