The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exhaust on my truck is smelling gassy. I was told it is a O2 sensor. I was also told there are two on the truck. One in the catalytic converter and one on the engine.

Never being much of a mechanic... where is the one on the engine? I figure I can find the one on the exhaust.

Last I was told the one in the catalytic converter would be the one responsible for this problem.

Set me straight guys.

Just to give some idea of the depth of my inexperience... I will be doing my first ebver frond brake disc replacement this weekend.

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
While I have no personel experience with a colorado, I'm 99% sure they are all on the exhaust, you should have an upstream(before the cat) and a downstream(after the cat). Thats how my tundra and explorer are set up anyway and I think they both have 4...I know the tundra does.

Go to advanced auto or autozone, and they'll put a scantool on it for free to tell you which one it is. They aren't too terible to change on most trucks/suv's, but like I said, I have no experience with the colorado. If you do change it, the special socket comes in handy, and don't forget to anti-seize the new on if it doesn't come with it already on the threads. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
While you are at Autozone getting it checked ask them where the one that is bad is located. They should be able to print a picture showing you where it is.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
When you find the 1 that it is warm the engine a little and then spray pb blaster or liquid wrench on it a couple times to help loosen it up . Wipe off the excess good when you get it out. They can be a bugger at times to break loose.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Good luck on the front disc replacement. The Colorado's front discs are a pain to replace. Not a simple job like most vehicles where two bolts hold the disc on. You need to remove the hubs to replace the discs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts