The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good buddy of mine , who is a heavy equipment operator , told me about this stuff when I was asking about flint . Anyway he got me some and I ,crudly, chipped away at it until I had a piece about the same size as the flint in my Firestorm.I put it in the hammer of my gun and man it gives off some really good spark.Don't know how long it will last , but it is free and very easy to come by. has anyone else used this stuff? will this damage my frizzen? thanks.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I have about 3 doz American Chert flints I picked up last year.Guy I bought them from knaps in the midwest.Didn't really get to try them alot for durability but give decent spark.If it works,go with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a digital camera yet and it would probably take me quite a bit of foolin' around to figure out how to post any pics. The pieces I have are kinda reddish or even pinkish, waxy looking stuff and very hard. Seems hard to shape into something the right size for the gun.There are probably tools for this, but being new at the flint lock thing I don't have any yet.Now if I could just make my own powder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts