The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I hunt:

During gun season, just for a buck, on public land, the fee would be $101.70.

For archery season, an additional $26.70.

For antlerless deer, in archery season or gun season, an additional $26.70.

If incorrect, appreciate any input. Want to check my options. Not sure yet, what week I'd hunt.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Yes extra tags and stamps can add up quickly. I'm sure a lot of other states are much worse, but still. That's why all I buy anymore is just the standard license. 26 bucks to kill a doe....no thanks

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
It does get expensive, last year i had General, 3 doe tags, bow, and muzzy. That comes to over $200.00. If they have a increase this year i hope they dont hit us nr too hard. Md. this year proposed a stiff increase and it got shot down. Someone can come to Md. as nr and pay less but take more game. For example in Md. you can take a buck with a bow, rifle, and muzzy for the same price and doe is included in the price. I own property in Pa. and pay taxs there would be nice for a break since im a Pa. tax payer.

·
Registered
13,277 Posts
just a fyi. i get an ohio nr liscense & 2 either sex tags and it's about $175. i could save a few dollars if i got an archery only doe tag, but it's invalaid after the sunday after thanksgiving. btw, only 1 buck no matter how many either sex tags you have.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
I could care less where the money goes regardless how much it is debated you or i have no say on thst matter. Bottom line i pay taxs in pa. supporting something.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Just because you own land in Pa., your still a non-resident of the state.

Before buying did you check to see what the hunting fees would be for a non-resident? Don't understand the conplaining of the Pa fees from non-residents, they are always higher then residents.

Did anyone complaining of non-resident hunting fees in Pa. ever research the other states....some are way more then here, way more.

·
Registered
117 Posts
VaPa hunter said:
Yes extra tags and stamps can add up quickly. I'm sure a lot of other states are much worse, but still. That's why all I buy anymore is just the standard license. 26 bucks to kill a doe....no thanks
26 dollars to hunt in a beautiful state and get a great deal of meat from...26 bucks to enjoy the hunt...26 bucks! Don't ever head out west if you think our prices are steep. I guess I love hunting too much to complain about an insignificant fee for a freezer filling venison. Just my humble opinion...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I pay $20 for an extra turkey tag.

Some probably think its insane I have a $300 backpack as well what they dont understand is the functionality.

$400 for boots... $1000 or more in a bow

As a non res, id be going to Ohio first but if you have to come here then $200 is pocket change compared to most places.

Iowa for example

3 years of pref points @ $50 a point + the year you draw full price of the tag. Easy $700 to hunt for a week just in tags.

OTC elk, by the time you travel and incur all the expenses of getting it back + tags... $2k easy

Float trip moose in AK... $20k
Africa ... $10k easy

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have purchased A Pa NR licence and associated tags since 68!! No problem with Fees for it or the Fishing Licence!!
Gittin my $$$ worth in enjoyment EVERY year!!
Smage

·
Registered
552 Posts
I pay the non-resident fee every year for the general license, archery stamp, doe tag, and bear tag. It does add up, but to me the time afield back in my home state is well worth it. Plus, I get a PA fishing license too!

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Me and my family are trnsplant in to Md. many years ago for work. 35 miles to be exact, i dont really complain about the fee's i pay. I laugh at all the residents complaining when ive been paying 100.00 + for many years. If htere is an increase i hope they dont go wild with nr say double for example.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Outofstater well said! I, like you, had to move to MD. 21 yrs. ago for work. I will always think of myself as a Pennsylvania guy. I have been purchasing nr license general and bear for that 21 years, money well spent! I also have two sons and I would purchase their license's as well. When I retire my family and I will hopefully get to move back to PA. I love to bear hunt and ya can't beat the PA. season. I have also hunted bear in MD. but the bear hunting season in MD. is very different good but different. I am glad to have the opportunity to hunt in PA.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I have enough funds to pay for a non-resident license. Probably saved enough on homemade archery targets, alone, the past twenty years, to pay for a couple of years of non-resident licenses. And it's been a few years since I used a commercial deer processor. Reload my own ammo; avoid a lot of the lastest for newbies; and have forty year old shetland wool sweaters for cold weather hunting that still fit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I get a NR License, Archery Stamp, and 2 Antlerless tags every year I go to PA. I think that the $181.80 is a great deal for a chance to spend a week in PA with great friends and maybe even take some delicious whitetail home to NM.

Here we have to draw for almost anything we want to hunt for and here are the Resident fees:
Bull Elk $91
Cow Elk $61
Deer $42
Pronghorn $61
Javelina $66
Bighorn $161
Oryx $161 (+ $150 range fee)
Ibex $111
Barbary $111
Bear $47
Lion $43
Turkey $25 (2 birds)

Then there are fees on top of that for Access Validation, and Habitat Improvement. Don't get me wrong I love hunting here in NM but most years we don't draw any hunts. I'm sure glad PA likes my money.

--Bill

I could post the NR fees but I'm ashamed and I really Hate how NM (and most western states) screws NR hunters.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
smage1 said:
I have purchased A Pa NR licence and associated tags since 68!! No problem with Fees for it or the Fishing Licence!!
Gittin my $$$ worth in enjoyment EVERY year!!Ken you have me beat I started in 1969, and I missed 2010, was sick with sinus infection, did not go up that year.....
Smage

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yep, paid $101.70 for my Non Res pa license and I only got to hunt one day. It's tough when there's no Sunday hunting allowed. I do get my money's worth on my PA fishing license. I consider my hunting fees a charitable donation to the PGC. This year I will be Bow hunting, so I'll be able to get out more.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Gunny. If you hunt GL 127, it must be all cleared of those French 75 mm shells from WWI time?

I might spend a 1/2 to one day on GL 127, if needed. I have some old spots that are deep and probably still rarely used. I might even get a GPS this year to back up my compass. Probably do it in mid-week. Avoid the opening day rush.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Georgia man come on up!!
As I stated in a previous post I LIKE HUNTING & FISHING in Pa.
I would MAYBE go as far as collect Aluminum Cans and old POP bottles to get the funds for the NR licences!!LOL
Smage

1 - 20 of 20 Posts