The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family is thinking about starting a hunting camp. We own a nice sized tract of land and are currnetly in a position to lease another nice sized chunk that weve killed deer on before. We have a space on our application that asks if you have ever been convited of a game law violation. I'd like to know if there is any way for us to see whether our member prospects has committed game laws in the past to sort of weed out the bad apples? Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i think the method of interrogation your seeking to get truthfull answers from your prospects is called'waterboarding'..seems this is the new method of choice for information gathering

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I know you can purchase the criminal history of people for job screenings. I don't know if game-law violations show on that or not.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I don't know the answer, but I am certain PGC keeps violation records just eight years. At least they did 10 years ago, before computers.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vapor trail said:
i think the method of interrogation your seeking to get truthfull answers from your prospects is called'waterboarding'..seems this is the new method of choice for information gathering
Lol, yeah we'll just waterboard each potential member before we let em in. No, the reason we got an opportunity on this new lease was because the guys that had it before us were killing illegal game and the land owners refused to renew their lease. I dont know, i guess ill just wait to hear what anyone else has to say.

·
Super Moderator
4,590 Posts
Maybe they didn't do it and someone else did.You could end up in the same boat.Why don't you call the PGC and see if they are legally allowed to run the check for you.You could always tell applicants they have to pass a polygraph test at thier expense.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I check the backgrounds of my tenants. I can see no reason you couldn't do the same to your applicants. Just make it perfectly clear that you will do it, and get their permission. There are many online agencies that provide this information. It costs me $25. Not sure if you would care or not, but they come with a credit history as well.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I already pmed him the info on how to check for game law violations.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
The way things are today it's hard to get people through a job screening process that includes drug testing. It's bad. I would test for that also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts