The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boys and Girls, check your gun sling!! I have an Uncle Mike`s Neoprene Sling on my Tikka. I am guessing it is 3-4 years old. I got it out today and was looking the Rifle over and noticed the sling looked like it was fraying, it was. I gave the Neoprene part a little tug and I broke in two!!I`m going to check the rest I have. Don`t know if this is a common problem or not.....

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
another reason to buy something....try the CLAW RIFLE SLING

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
my Claw is easily 12 years old and still like new. GREAT sling.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Just put a lil adhesive back moleskin or felt patch there...takes care of it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Lasy year I bought a new rifle and sling/swivels. The first day (actually within 10 minutes of using it) the new sling swivel broke and my new rifle fell, putting a ding on the feed tube and clogging the bore with snow and dirt. Fortunately I had a cleaning kit and an old sling/swivels in the truck. Man was I [censored]!

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Last year I wat predator hunting when the sling on my shotgun broke. Yep, barrel to the tarmak. Broke the bead, and put some marks on her. Well, that's one of the reasons I have a Mossberg. I didn't loose a whole lot of sleep over it, but I will no longer buy a sling with any plastic parts.

At least I found a good reason to get a Hi-vis front bead. Not much I could do about the scuffed reciever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts