The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys since I know most of us shooting crossbows are shooting carbons, please see this post 4C put up...

Check your carbons

Just get in the habit of flexing them some before you put them onto the shooting rail. Also a great time to check all your bolts is when you are switching in your broadheads.

Don;t assume a new bolt will be good, that is incredible force happening right in front of your face and with all the kids we got sporting crossbows...

FLEX EM!!!!

Use caution flexing with broaheads ON, 1. you only got about 20" to work with and2. if it snaps you could stick yourself.

LET'S HAVE A SAFE SEASON GUYS!! THE BEST SEASON SO FAR

·
Super Moderator
6,024 Posts
Thanks for the reminder RB. My son shoots carbons out of his compound bow and we flex them before every shooting session.

I shoot aluminum and carbons out of my x-bow and never thought of checking them......Now I have one more thing to do tonight! Not sure if I'm taking the bow or x-bow tomorrow???? Depends on the weather.

My son is absolutely driving me crazy about going, he had me up at 4:30 this am talking about going! Thinking we will go till he gets soaked and cold, which shouldn't take long looking at the forecast! lol

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
What is flexing?

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
Thank you

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
main reason i have always used alum arrows, even in my xbow now