The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I went to an auction to check out some classic Jeeps. Unfortunately, the Jeeps were too far gone but we left with this 1959 Austin Healey. I had never seen one before but it's pretty cool. It runs perfectly too.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know anything about them? I looked up the specs and it is only 1400 lbs. It's fun to drive but we aren't collectors so we will probably won't keep it long term.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Springer Rage said:
Does anyone know anything about them? I looked up the specs and it is only 1400 lbs. It's fun to drive but we aren't collectors so we will probably won't keep it long term.
You don't see many of the old Bug Eye Sprites around any more. If its in half way decent shape you might want to hang on and restore it.

Here is the history on them... Austin-Healey Sprite

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting in and out isn't easy but it's pretty comfortable once inside. I'm 6'1" and a hair under 200 lbs and I fit okay. Somebody a lot bigger might have a hard time.

I was just out driving it. The car is fun but I doubt it tops out much faster than 65 or 70 mph. It a 4 cylinder that puts out 42 hp and a 4 speed transmission.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts