The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know what you guys think about him. This is the 2nd year in a row I have pics of him.

[/url]

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
Unusual.

·
Registered
20,802 Posts
Chettie said:
You need to make a project of finding where he hangs out during the day.
Sounds like he's hanging out from someones meat pole now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup he is dead. I missed him at 150 yards running up the mountain. Two more of our drives missed him then he went across the creek to a lucky hunter who was able to bag him.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
BowHunter1928 said:
Yup he is dead. I missed him at 150 yards running up the mountain. Two more of our drives missed him then he went across the creek to a lucky hunter who was able to bag him.
Your first post and you got the buck that a guy has on his camera somewhere in PA OOOkay

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
MonsterBuck7 said:
BowHunter1928 said:
Your first post and you got the buck that a guy has on his camera somewhere in PA OOOkay
I'd say his post is legit. I first saw this buck on a friends post on Facebook. They had the buck out on a drive and missed it a few times before another hunter got it. They had the picture of the buck posted, so as soon as I saw it on here, I messaged this link to my friend on Facebook. He then shared this link with his gang that he was hunting with. So it is more then reasonable that one of them joined this wonderful forum. I suspect I even know who it is since he said he missed the buck, and I can assure you, he is as good as a hunter and as good to his word as they come...after all, he had an awesome 8th grade science teacher!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BowHunter1928 is correct. The 12pt w/ 9" drop tine is dead. The deer got caught up in a massive drive and was hit in the front leg, crossed a large creek, and was harvested by a lucky hunter.

I am not sure how many people knew about this deer but I knew he was there. I just didn't know his home range. I had him on trail camera on two different mountains for three yeas. The earliest I had him on camera was Nov.20 and the latest was early January. It seemed like he traveled once the peak of the rut was over looking for more mates and would show up late then get bounced around by hunting pressure.

Last year (2014) on the first day of rifle, my 15 year old son missed him three times and the deer ran down the mountain. I never knew if anyone had harvested him last year until he showed up on Nov.27 this year.

This deer has significant meaning so me, my son passed away earlier this year in July. One of the last times my son hunted, he saw this deer.

I spoke with the lucky hunter and I got to see the deer first hand and told him my story. I shared the pics of buck with him so he could add to his trophy room.

There always a story when someone harvests a buck, but this story is different, at least for me. It has sparked a lot of great memories. The lucky hunter told me he will refer to the deer as "Louis's Deer" in honor of my son. He is going to keep me posted on what it scores and how old it was as well. I'm truly glad he harvested the buck of a lifetime.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts