The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
And you're surprised by this how? I can't wait to hear the Cheatriot defenders say "It didn't make a difference". I'm sure Goodell will hammer them just as hard for this as he did last time they were caught cheating, that being, none at all. I wonder how long they've been doing this.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Not to worry fellas, the same crack investigator who looked into spy gate and Ray Rice is on the job!

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
NFL games fixed; Patriots cheating? Bellacheat is the Don King of professional football and professional football is close to becoming like professional wrestling / boxing.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Nothing has been proven. The Refs handle every football on every snap. They would've done something right then and there if the footballs didn't feel right. As far as spygate, Brian Westbrook just said today on the Dan Patrick show that it didn't make a difference. He said you could learn just as much by watching game tape as videotaping practices. The play calls were the same from game to game.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
triggercreep said:
Nothing has been proven. The Refs handle every football on every snap. They would've done something right then and there if the footballs didn't feel right. As far as spygate, Brian Westbrook just said today on the Dan Patrick show that it didn't make a difference. He said you could learn just as much by watching game tape as videotaping practices. The play calls were the same from game to game.
Then the question is, why do they do it??? Why does supposedly the best coach and QB of all time keep getting caught in stuff like this?

If they are the best of all time, why need to do ANYTHING illegal, whether anyone believes that it made a difference or not???

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
triggercreep said:
So, what you're telling us, is the Bill Belichick, a man who has no time for anything that doesn't help him win, committed organizational money and his time, to doing something that he didn't think would help him win? That makes as much sense as the guy calling into the radio station today proposing the Marcel Goc get the same amount of playing time as Geno Malkin.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I'm sure Roger will come down really hard on them. He may go so far as to take a 7th rounder from them in 2020. Now, if Harrison hits a guy too hard, that's different--$100k fine, a suspension, and the team will lose 2 first rounders, cause that makes the most sense.

·
Registered
20,503 Posts
I guess the refs will have to carry tire gauges in Pats games from now on. Random check of PSI in the ball. Maybe a stern warning form Goodell which might include some finger wagging and angry facial expressions.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Apparently I was wrong and this is a bigger deal than I thought. I'm sure the Pats have been doing this for years. Brad Johnson admitted the Bucs deflated the balls in the Superbowl. This is obviously a big advantage.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rules are rules trigger. Discard them if you like, but again, it begs the question, WHY did the Pats feel the need to do this???

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
Rules are rules trigger. Discard them if you like, but again, it begs the question, WHY did the Pats feel the need to do this???
I did just admit that I was wrong and this was a bigger deal than I thought. I don't know what more I can do or say.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, because the Pats are still going to the Super Bowl and likely will get a slap on the wrist for this offense.

They broke the rules (regardless whether anyone thinks it actually affected the outcome), won the game, and will likely pay a small price for it...'

How many other teams in the NFL have been caught cheating twice in the past 10 years?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts