The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...looks like cheaper than dirt has suspended all gun sales and pulled them all from there website.This is getting ridiculous! never buying another thing from them agian

·
Registered
19,976 Posts
Wow. Would have never thought I would see that from them. That might be their death sentence as so much of their business is tactical supplies.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Your going to see this. Most firearms related businesses are going to try to show empathy for Newtown. Nobody wants to be portrayed as callous or indifferent on this issue.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
They need to crack down on the gun sales at flea markets!!
I sent an email to the so called Homeland Security and the PSP and told them they needed to do just that,they don't care!
Neither one ever got back with me.
My wife and I were at a flea market in Butler this past Sunday,there were 4 rifles for sale,not semis,but still capable of killing someone.
No checks,no paper work!
Can you imagine how many guns are for sale at flea markets across the country?

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
zemenar12 said:
I sent an email to the so called Homeland Security and the PSP and told them they needed to do just that,they don't care!
My wife and I were at a flea market in Butler this past Sunday,there were 4 rifles for sale,not semis,but still capable of killing someone.
No checks,no paper work!

And gun shows.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
*Moose said:
zemenar12 said:
No checks,no paper work!

And gun shows.
what gun show does NOT have the instant check system set up ?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Who doesn't have more 30 rd mags than they need by now? Maybe they are saving there inventory to sell them in the future at higher prices.
The little shop I go to sold 7 AR's on Monday. Everything he had in stock.
Another large shop I went to said they were getting 10 calls a miniute all day.
People are stocking up again.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just visited their website and all types of rifles are still listed. Their MagPuls were 29.99, I believe, not 59.99.

Did anyone else check on this?

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
It is perfectly legal to sell a long gun in Pa to another Pa resident without a transfer.Check the drivers license and it is legal.So why in the world would police respond?They enforce laws not just decide what they can do.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Type in AR15 rifle or handgun and see what you get.I posted a link in another thread just like this.

·
Registered
869 Posts
OldMountain said:
I just visited their website and all types of rifles are still listed. Their MagPuls were 29.99, I believe, not 59.99.

Did anyone else check on this?
I just checked and it says they are suspending gun sales and reviewing their procedures.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
TRY TO ADD ONE TO THE CART....just so happens I was looking at .22 LR semi-auto tactical for my boys for Christmas, long shot now.

I have been busted up by the emotional part of the last few days, i mean last night i went to my son;s school for a Christmas concert and when the kindergarteners sang their songs, it choked me up to the point of embaraassing, i would guess a few were feeling the same ...I mean that is the age of the victims, those little faces, and i caught myself looking around the gym and thinking anyone of these folks could have a gun. But where does that leave us???....Terrorism makes you want to be protected, and what happened in CT was nothing but nutjob terrorism.

Anyway all this has writing on the wall, a step i don;t think we want to take, but the nutjobs sure want us too.

·
Registered
303 Posts
You're right, RB, when you try to add one to the cart, it says that cheaper than dirt does not sell firearms. I totally agree with you, I just watched a video of my grandson's Christmas show at his school (he's 3), choked me up terribly just thinking of the agony of those families in Conn. I think there will be a knee-jerk reaction to this where logic and/or effectiveness won't enter the equation.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Personally, I see no reason for a person to own such a gun. You can say it's your right,but when those rights were written there were no such guns. Yes, it wasn't the guns fault, but isn't our job to protect those who cannot protect themselves?

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
When those laws were written the gun of the civilians matched those of the military did they not?...now they don't and we are asking for too much?

My son is heckbent on heading into the military, he is 9, if I want him to be fantastic with a weapon similar to what he will use there to save his life and this country is that a bad thing? I am not a bad guy nor is he.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Squeaks said:
Personally, I see no reason for a person to own such a gun. You can say it's your right,but when those rights were written there were no such guns. Yes, it wasn't the guns fault, but isn't our job to protect those who cannot protect themselves?
Ok so they somehow manage to get every single evil black gun out of civilian hands. The next nutjob uses a bolt, a lever or a pump just like your favorite deer gun. Guess they go too. I can run this down the line, but the point is they don't want evil black guns. They want them all. Right down to that single barrel shotgun your grandfather passed down to you.

(enter sarcasm) I think a few here just hope that when they are done taking our guns they will go after those devil crossbows

1 - 20 of 54 Posts