The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a decent lower priced hang on? I need to pick up a few more as I picked up a couple of new spots recently.

I was looking at the Comfort Zones at Dicks and the Sniper Blackhawk at Eders, but wanted to check if anyone has them or others they would recommend. Definitely do not want to be too cheap and end up with a squeaky stand.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
If you can find stands for $40-$50 I'd buy them. Just stop at lowes and grab a pack or two of the rubber washers to install with your stand and you'll be squeak free.

The comfort zones really aren't a bad deal. Don't buy into the name, not so comfortable, but bearable for a few hours. A small platform, but you can buy two or 3 for the price of a name brand giant platform with the same style seat.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I have had a comfort zone up for 3 plus years (did take it down last year) and it has worked fine. $35 at DSP. Get a couple of those and a couple sets of climbing sticks at DSP for cheap and you are good to go. Just check the ratchet straps and replace after a couple years. They will get weak being exposed to the weather and UV...

·
Registered
224 Posts
sportsmans guide has a number of very cheap hangons. One of them only costs 30 bucks. Between my buddy an i, we have 6 of them. super sturdy and come with 2 rachet straps to secure to tree. unbeatable

·
6,450 Posts
AlleghenyRook said:
sportsmans guide has a number of very cheap hangons. One of them only costs 30 bucks. Between my buddy an i, we have 6 of them. super sturdy and come with 2 rachet straps to secure to tree. unbeatable
ill second that

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I just bought a Rivers Edge Xl 69.99 I like the platforms to be at least 30"x24" and at least 22" high seat. I'm fairly big guy 6'4 245lbs. and it is just to hard for me to manuever in a small stand. I have used these stands for 2 yrs, and really like them. easy to set up also

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sportsman guide has a combo sale on a hang on plateform with the ladder sticks for something like $79.00. Looks like it is a good deal if you need the ladder sticks to go with the plateform

·
Registered
446 Posts
I can't count how many stands I've had stolen over the years hunting in the burbs, because of that I haven't bought anything except the inexpensive ones from Dicks. I wait & grab them when their on sale or at the end of the year. I always put an extra rachet strap on . For about 30 bucks you can't beat them.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Good luck with Sportsmans Guide anytime I try to get something from them they are either sold out or on backorder with their products. My dad called just last week about a treestand and climbing stick combo that they had and they told him that they were on backorder.

I know sometimes I will see stands cheap at Dicks or Gander Mountain. I think even Wal-Mart has stands sometimes.

·
Registered
351 Posts
you can get a hang on and the stick for 75 to 80 dollars. i just recommend using better ratchet straps on them. but for the price the ones from dicks or dunhams are great. its a good way of being able to put multiple stand setups cheap.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
@ Dunhams Sports i just got 2 big dog big bull II's for 48 each and they had the smaller neagle II for 34

I know they aren't real high quality but when you leavem em out for the neighbors to take.....well they can have em

The big bull is real bog and rated for 300 lbs
Im 6'2" 260 and feel real comfy in it

With AAA discount its 15% more off

1 - 20 of 23 Posts