The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How may will be going after a bobcat this year? It looks like snow in the northern tier. Good Luck to all

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Had a farmer tell me his property is loaded with Bobcats. Never heard such a thing before, but he went on to explain that the Organic Free Range Chicken and Duck Farm over the hill is probably keeping them around.
I love OFRCDF----Organic Free Range Chicken and Duck Farms!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Weere going with a master cat hunter ...his bluetick is a pro...gonna throw my blue in with his...he is from New Holland

·
Registered
92 Posts
caught one last year, but had to release due to lack of tag. caught him in one random set i was trying to nail a fox in. only had one set out and nabbed him in like 3 hrs without a fresh track in the area. have the tag this year and plan on havin a line of about 20-30 out. have scouted several areas and have found cat tracks in a half dozen or more. have the tag.... and bet i strike out
oh well, it's fun just laying the steel out there! good luck!!!

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Yes they do like free ranging ducks. Back in the early 90's we had one here and it ate a bunch of our ducks, wasn't as interested in the chickens as in the ducks. It also got a goose and went over a fence with it. At night it would scream, not at all like a fox bark, and we had a bit of snowfalls and it was walking all over the top back part of the property. DNR was contacted and someone with them said it was a large house cat making those tracks LOL. I didn't know feral really big maine coon cats screamed at night and liked to dine on ducks! LOL LOL

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hope to run strong... Been planning/preping for this since march of last year. Who knows??? Not to be greedy, but I plan on being selective. Would really like to harvest a large male to have mounted. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hey Lewis Smith... How much snow do have on the ground?
On the hunting forum guys are saying 4' in Warren county and close to that in Mckean..

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
smith101 said:
Good luck Potter Bound! Me and the boy will be up, not sure which week yet though...
Good Luck Smith. I hope you get another one. I can't wait. Will probably hit the first few days and then the week between xmas and new years. I can't wait for the peace and quiet of the Potter Winter. Here are some "sign pics" to get you going.

Lots of tracks

and more

more

scent post

great weather

sleigh rides

Good times with my son

My father and my son will be tagging along and setting this year. I can't wait!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks for the flash backs. Glad to see you started this thread topic, was hoping somebody would. Be safe and keep us informed.. Mike.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Primary target will be a cat. Coyote and a strong grey population as well. Will be using dirt hole, hay set, flat sets, blind sets. Will also have a few cable restraints for the yotes. Below is my tracking sheet to see what works where. Any picks from this list on yours?

·
Registered
243 Posts
About knee deep in most parts but it is really fluffy and not bad to walk in...I did a couple hours this morning in the thick stuff.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes. We are on Denton Hill. Hitting it the first weekend and then between xmas and new years. Hope to do a little flintlock hunting if the weather cooperates also.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts