The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first flintlock stuff from Charlie and also got my first bit of knowledge from him and also yelled at for wanting to shoot more than 75gr of powder out of my PA hunter. I believe he passed away a few years ago, but I never saw anything happen with his shop. It was loaded with old machinery and just about everything else you could think of. Did it get passed along to anyone else?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
The sign still stands on the east side of Rt 611 as you go up the hill in Ottsville, no idea what happened to the shop.

I wonder about it each time I drive to camp and I pass the sign.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Charlie had some great stories! I used to stop in to say "Hello" and see what he had in the shop...miss those days!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
i remember him given be a history lesson that Civil War soldiers would have two or three loads in barrel and that soldiers would pee down their barrels to clean the barrel.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He definitely told me that story!!!! I was like no way they [censored] in their barrel an he said they sure did. I also heard he shot an intruder in no with a muzzleloader pistol.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I ran into Charlie in a nursing home in Hellertown about three years back. I was visiting a family member. He was quite the character for the nursing staff.
I remember buying my first accessories from him nearly twenty years ago. He chewed me out for cleaning my muzzleloader with hot soapy water. Alway gotta use WD 40 or kerosene only.
I would guess he has passed by now. He was a neat old guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts