The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the posted article regarding a SR 39 introduced to the Senate Environmental Resources and Energy committee.

In my opinion based on the past 12 years of dealing with water shortage issues throughout the southeast US, I believe that this is very proactive legislation.

Most folks don't believe water shortages or shortages of potable water will ever happen in the east and if they do we can filter our way out of it which is a very costly process. I can tell you first hand that I've seen water issues put a city of 4.5 million people into a panic. I've also have seen the economy of an entire region of the state threatened by insufficient water supply. In some of the areas, the short supply of water is more feared than the rising cost of diesel fuel or gasoline.

This legislation would allow the state to actually have some control over the water before industries get an "entitlement" attitude which will hurt the economy far more in the future than it will today when the shortages of potable water come.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spor...r-water-683256/

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Interesting. Ever see the stats on how many gallons of fresh water it take to make an automobile? It's staggeriing and right up there, relatively speaking, with how much electricity it takes to make an alunimum ingot.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another good one is how many gallons of water to make one gallon of ethanol. The last estimate I saw was 2,200 gallons of water from the time corn is planted until refined. Add in how much gasoline or diesel is needed and it clearly shows what a boondoggle the ethanol push is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts