The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in McKean County yesterday to stock Chappel Fork. What a wintry day we had! It was cold, snowed most of the day and was windy. As a result, not many people showed up to help. We had all brown trout today and some were pretty nice ones in the 16-18" range.
Chappel Fork flows through a really nice hollow of mixed hardwoods and hemlock.
Last year on this stocking, we had over 6o degrees and t-shirts. Definitely not the case this year. I also saw quite a bit of deer sign last year and again, that was just not the case this year. Even with a couple inches of snow on the ground, I saw very little sign of any kind except porcupine and grouse.
I have included some pics of the truck, a few of the nice little bridges that cross this stream, one of which is the North Country Trail, some fish and of course, my buddy Chuck who always goes along with me. Thanks for looking. [img:center]
[img:center]

·
Registered
388 Posts
Very cool pics, seen the other ones in another post as well. In all my years of trout fishing I have yet to help stock trout. Gonna try and help stock some of my local streams here in april. I know they say the more help the better.

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trouttime, thanks for the post and welcome to HPA! I have no doubt that if you show up to help, that it will be appreciated. Most of the stockings I go on are the same guys all the time doing all the work. Most of them are older, retired guys who really should not be working as hard as they do. On the preseason stockings, it is a blessing to have the help. On the inseason stockings, you usually have some help, but halfway through, everyone has peeled off to fish. Go with a willingness to help and learn, show up more than once and I think you will be suprised at the results. The guys in the group where I help have become VERY good friends. You will be amazed at what you find out. Great new places to fish and other things. I love seeing kids, new fisherpeople and the elderly out fishing after we have stocked. They really appreciate your efforts and you get to individually help some of them out. Right now, I am to the point where I do more stocking than actual fishing, as dumb as that might sound to some. It is great to see people just out and enjoying fishing and the outdoors. I get alot of enjoyment out of seeing that.
When you go, post up some pics and the results of the day. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts