The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the DCNR page for Chapman and an alert at the top of the screen noted that the lake was under renovation and closed to all activities, through “spring” of 2019. Anyone been up that way or seen how the progress is coming along? We’re looking to take a family trip the end of June, but no lake would be a tad of a deal breaker...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Chapman's Dam

We just had a knapping up there on sat. May 4 th and rented a pavilion for the day. Dam looks to be about done but only 1/2 full and gate was still open. Still lots of grading and stuff to be done. Not sure about beach area being open, talked to educator lady and seemed the lower camp ground is open and she said upper one to open soon. Pretty ugly around dam area with lots of bare ground and dirt piles and construction type stuff. Bob

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the responses. I’ll try to get up there and check it out at some point before then. There’s always other options too thankfully.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I do know the lake will NOT be stocked with fish this year!It was stocked above it and below. This is due to the work being done. Campground is open.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
It is filled with catch and release on all but trout I think. Campground and all other are closed. You can hike and fish but NO camping of any kind in the ANF and NO fires of any type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts