The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Leather, really enjoyed the video as I do all of yours. I need to get out and look for these. I stumbled across some
years ago while looking for sang and they are awesome. My problem this time of year is I'm doing a lot of fishing
in my spare time. thanks for sharing the video.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Nice find.I found some a week ago.Is the season for chanterelles allmost done or how long will they keep showing up?Should be a good year for chicken of the woods,cann`t wait to start finding some.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm kinda new to picking chanterelles actually only once did I stumbled on them a few years ago while looking for ginseng. After watching leathers video I thought of place that I
hunt deer that fit the description of his area to look. Sure enough the hillside had patches unbelievable. I turned to my wife and told her I actually got goose bumps. LOL I believe
you can find them to early fall. Someone with better knowledge can probably chime in to let us know. I'd say we picked 2 large paper grocery bags Sunday and two again today.
Some of them were very large but fresh and lot of new smaller ones. If you watch his video and think of a place he describes,, check it. I took some bug spray and looked early in
the morning to avoid the bugs. Check for ticks also, we just had one.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts