The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some live lobsters for Valentines day dinner. I wanted to add a little spice to them so I came up with the following dipping sauce. This recipe was originally intended to make more sauce than the one I developed from it as it was made for a sauce to put over chopped lobster and pasta. This recipe will make plenty of sauce for two lobsters. I used Prosecco because I like it more than Champagne. It is so good, I thought I would share it.

1/2 lb cold butter
2/3 cup Prosecco
1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped Shallot
salt
pepper

On medium heat in a medium pot( not a non stick pot) place the Prosecco and shallots.
Simmer until almost all of the Prosecco has reduced away. Reduce heat to low.

Add cold butter into the pot about one inch pieces and whisk until is is mostly melted. Continue to add butter ans whisk until all the butter is in the pot, it will thicken as you add butter and whisk.

Strain to remove the shallots, season with salt and pepper to taste and keep warm until time to serve the lobster, then pour into two small bowls or ramekins one for each person.

Drain lobster in a strainer, crack claws with the back of a heavy chefs knife or small cleaver and plate. Bon appetit,

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She will thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts