The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try it yet? I ordered some a while back. Getting low on the old stuff 38gr core-lokts so I tried some of the new ammo from 30gr. Aguila. At 50 yards 5 shots a little bigger then a quarter. Resting on shooting sticks. Very pleased! Squirrels will fear me!

Going to try a box of their 30gr varmint loads next.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I really hope the 5mm takes off this time. it's got a cult following, and most people like myself are waiting to see if it's a passing fad. It's got all I love about the 22mag, and THEN some. More, better ammo choices will fuel the desire for this cartridge. It would be a very lethal Allegheny county round too for the Rimfire ONLY areas

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aguila has the 2 ammo choices now. I'd like to see a V-max load, and maybe an expandable CCI Game Point load. Unfortunately I don't see it taking off until someone takes the plunge and chambers for it other then the old Rems and TC barrels.

I'd love to see it in a lever. Imagine a Henry 5mm. Would make one heck of a calling rifle. I think is anyone came out with a 5mm in a new rifle it would take off. I know that even though I already have an old Remington, I would be on the list for a new CZ, Savage, Marlin, Henry... whoever. I'm sure a lot of 5mm owners would jump on a new rifle.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I was told they work better than the originals..besides those that have some of the original boxed more than likely won't be shooting them anyway..looks like the only alternative but maybe a blessing in disguise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts