The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Centerpoint Sniper 370 crossbow. It was on sale at Dunhams. Any pros or cons about it? Haven't shot it yet but will soon. I had a Horton Brotherhood I've been using for the past 7 years so I thought would upgrade.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Most reviews seem pretty positive. Its made in China, forget the manufacturer but they can be bought under other brand names as well.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have one, Shoots great with my 420 gr arrows, I sight in with sand bags. Ez to shoot 2 inch and better groups at 35 yards, Chronys at 350 fps. Good for the price. Dont shoot 3 arrows at the same bullseye, you will ruin one.

Good Luck, Stant

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
No complaints so far! We had it dead center at 20 yds. in 3 shots and shot dead center at 30 with the 2nd reticle. At 40 yds off a solid rest it was about 1" low but put 2 bolts in the same hole. We didn't crony it but seemed about the same speed as my friend's that cronys 362 fps.

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
362 fps is a lot better than the 305 on the Horton. I shot it last evening and the bolts are still in my crossbow target..I can't budge them lol

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The bolts that come with the Sniper are 370 g. with 100 g. heads. The Bemans I bought for it are 400 g. with 100 g. heads so every g. above 370 will slow the fps. My friend has an Excal. that is a bit faster but with lighter and shorter bolts.

·
Banned
1,186 Posts
I bought one back in February. My girls love shooting it. Trigger is terrible but other then that it shoots consistent. I think for the money it's tough to beat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I took down my first deer with mine last year. I'm happy with it- hits the target really, really hard. Upgrade the bolts, the stock ones are kind of junk. It is a bit heavy, but it's my first crossbow so I don't know if that's normal or not. I used some electrical tape to smother some stuff that rattled (adjustable stock).

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I shot my crossbow today and the scope on there is worthless to say the least. I couldn't zero it in at all!! It would shoot good then shoot off. I had it on a lead sled. I tried 125 grain points then went over to 100 grain. Then I took the scope off and put the Hawke Red Dot sight on that was on my Horton. Within 4 shots I had it shooting good. Three shots in the bullseye, different ones of course!

Reactions: octagon

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
While twisting does make it easier to remove arrows, if you are shooting carbon arrows, twisting is generally not recommended.

I would suggest a arrow release fluid available from several different manufacturers. You swab it on the leading few inches of the arrow shaft and it makes removing the arrows easier from layered foam targets.

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if Vaseline would work

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
For the money dollar for dollar great crossbow. Agree scope sucks and I can compare it's trigger to a mossbergs trigger lots of creep.

Put a hawk scope on it and you got self a killing machine. I picked one up last year for my son

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
When I 1st started traveling the country shooting 3-d comp. I remember the 1st time I saw the southern shooters rubbing a bar of soap on their arrow shafts, thought it was odd but it really helps in removal and much cheaper than the other stuff out there. On hunting shafts I would make sure it is non-scented.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts