The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January 2018 I purchased a 380 Tormentor from Optics Planet after handling my friends, all I did was upgrade the scope of a SA Sport 550 illuminated and a kwikkee kiver, it sat collecting dust cause my back issues improved so I stayed with my Mathews compound. Then about a month ago I went to draw on a nice buck and I felt a pop on my upper back same area I have issues, that told me it was time to dust off the 380.

That evening I spoke to my friend and asked him which bolts to get, set up and sighted in needed to be done within a few days I wanted to hunt Friday of that week. He said he got his bolts from South Shore Archery, well time wasn't on my side....He said get a bolt with half moon nock, thats 325 grains with 3" vanes......I was going to a local chain Sporting Goods store for my kid's basketball sneakers, so went into the hunting section and saw the bolts with the specs I needed, Victory Decimators, 6 for $20.00 on sale.....Ok lets try them. Well I must say they shot like darts I was very surprised, what was more surprising is my friend said shoot my custom bolts, from 10, 20, 30, 40 yards they shot no different then my bolts..this crossbow is priced friendly and with my added upgrades, bolts and even Rage Hypodermics I paid a total of less then $500, and I'm shooting darts....I could afford a $2000 crossbow, but who am I kidding I will never take a shot over 50 yards on game, in fact my limit would be 40 yards, and this crossbow is deadly !!! Don't let the price fool you, this is a quality, well made and accurate crossbow without breaking your wallet

Then on November 15, 2019 it was my last day of archery hunting due to future obligations, and I took this small buck at 25 yards, it was a tight small window but the bolt found it's mark.....he ran about 60 yards and expired

Attachments

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Maybe it is an optical illusion but your bolt keeper looks a little high in the picture, like it would not hold the bolt in place if you bow was pointed down.

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
Congrats on the fine buck!!

Reactions: BHC

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe it is an optical illusion but your bolt keeper looks a little high in the picture, like it would not hold the bolt in place if you bow was pointed down.
it's a perfect hold, bolt doesn't slide out even when walking out of woods

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I shoot the Victory Decimators also. Had to re-sight as they were heavier than my Beemans, then found out on the victory web page they come with brass inserts hence more weight. Mine fly great out of a Center Point sniper 370.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
Congratulations!

Over the past few years I have helped a number of guys get their xbows ready for the season. I have found that most no matter what the price shoot great. I found the same with bolts as long as they are properly fletched and in good shape. Broadheads can make a difference and on occasion do not shoot to the same POA as the field tips but I can always get them zeroed. Once zeroed they stay zeroed. The biggest problem I found with many xbow packages were the scopes and the scope mounting. Spend the money for a good scope.

It is impressive how well the majority of crossbows shoot.

Reactions: joe8768 and BHC

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
I shoot the Victory Decimators also. Had to re-sight as they were heavier than my Beemans, then found out on the victory web page they come with brass inserts hence more weight. Mine fly great out of a Center Point sniper 370.
Ditto. :smile2:

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I have also been shooting Victory Decimators. I had a nock blow up and had to have all of my strings, cables and a limb replaced. I bought some Black Eagle aluminum nocks and swapped out the plastic nocks on the bolts. No problem since.

Congrats on your buck and I'm glad to hear that you like the crossbow!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts