The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
A friend put one in his camp. You have to have a signal in order to boost it. it won't get you a signal. At his place the signal is iffy and comes and goes as the wind blows so his results were not what he hoped for

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Booster

Thats what i`ve been reading online . generally i can get 1 bar at camp or in the truck enuff for text messages but not calls. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
829 Posts
just installed one at my friends camp since he don't have a great signal....haven't had a chance to properly test it it doesn't appear good as for the mentioned reason above

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you get at east one single bar of tower signal at camp, the booster will boost it to at least two or three bars. I have one, it too is a Wilson. I keep it in the truck, and bought the home office kit and move the booster inside the camp in the evening. Definitely worth the $100 - save gas running up and down the mountain 4 miles each way just to make a phone call, not to mention nasty roads during winter months.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went and bought the Wilson as well. Since i`m in Pittsburgh it hasn`t made a big difference yet . I`ll be going up to camp around the 18th of August and try it out then. Thanks for the answers

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you are getting enough signal to text without a booster, AND the tower is not just data but data and calling, then you should be able to receive and call out from your front yard, text, send receive email, etc.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I Love My Wilson Booster . It works great for what I need it for if I didn't have wife would come with me to camp and we'll I don't want that. Best 100 bucks ever spent

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I get 1 bar that fades in and out on the AT&T network. With the wilson booster i get a consistent 3 bars. Enough for text, phone calls and emails (with small pics).
Only issue that i noticed with the wilson booster, is I have issues with receiving text msg's and emails if the iphone is charging. Otherwise it works better than i expected.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok , Finally got to try my booster not at camp but camping in the Allegheny National Forest . I couldn`t get a signal with my Samsung on ATT but my buddy with I phone on Verizon got 3 bars. Trying to figure that out.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Ok , Finally got to try my booster not at camp but camping in the Allegheny National Forest . I couldn`t get a signal with my Samsung on ATT but my buddy with I phone on Verizon got 3 bars. Trying to figure that out.
It's likely because this entire area is Verizon. AT&T works in 'most' places, but off the beaten path you'll get a signal with Verizon you won't get with AT&T.....it's getting better though. What part of the ANF were you in?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We were at the Kiasutha campground . Funny thing now is ATT has put a new cell in near camp according to my buddy. So it i may not need it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts