The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about picking up a new CCW pistol. I have it narrowed down to 1 of these models. Does anyone have either 1 of these? Any opinion on either model?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
While I am not enamored by the 9mm cal., I like the 40 s&w, I would take a Kahr any day over the S&W gun. I carry a Kahr MK40. Pretty hard to beat the quality of a Kahr.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
I carry a Kahr cw9 and couldn't be happier. So my vote is for the Kahr.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing I am not big on is having to have the slide locked back when putting a new clip in or I have heard a lot how the kahr cm9 will jam if you do not do this. Anyone else have that issue?

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Not sure what you mean Mike?
No such problem loading my PM9, I always chamber a round from the magazine, then drop the mag, top it off and re- insert a full mag. Works all the time.
I would also recommend the Kahr over the S&W.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've handled several Kahr's, but not shot them. I liked the wide trigger. But I purchased a S&W Shield 9 when they first came out after reading and seeing several reviews online. I have been very pleased with it. It carries well and is slim, but is not uncomfortable to shoot a lot like many other CC guns - it is very comfortable to shoot for a hundred rounds or more at a time. The Kahr may be similar, I don't know. I've had zero issues with the S&W, although I haven't shot it as much as I'd like to. I went back and forth between 9 mm and 40 mm, ultimately deciding on the 9.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Can't speak for the 9mm but I have never had one feed or jam problem with my Kahr MK40 and when I take it from the gun safe I put a mag in, work the slide drop the mag and top it off an put it back in. Of course when I load while shooting I do it from the slide back position.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
John, you don't practice tactial reloads? I've never experienced a problem with my Kahr loading a full magazine with a round in the chamber during a sequence of fire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i picked up the Kahr. both felt great in my hand. the shiled felt just like my m&p 40. i decided on the kahr due to 2 reason. it has been out a little longer. always iffy when buying a prodcut that has not been out too long. second reason was the store i went 2 (target master) had the shield in stock but they wanted $500 which is a little high. others stores wanted around $430. i picked up the karh for $409.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yes I have done tactical reloading, I don't do every time I shoot. I have never had a problem with my Kahr MK 40 no matter how I reload.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Congrats on your purchase,I'm sure you'll be happy with the Kahr.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I "had" both. Sold the Kahr. (trigger is a joke imo) Shild's trigger much nicer! The extended clip in the Kahr looks stupid and the stainless with the black on the gun looks cheap. I just didn't like it even though the Kahr is about a 1/2in shorter in length then the Shield The Sheild just feels and fits better and the Shield is definitely more accurate. I got my shield for 379.99 Some places want 499.99 but the one gun shop in my area is way way cheaper then the others on this gun.

Im very surpised the guys on here would take the Kahr over the Shield cuz most of the guys on Defensive carry are the complete opposite. They would take Shield over the Kahr, many sold the Kahr they had to buy a Shield

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-guns/142572-cm9-shield.html

·
Registered
135 Posts
Youtube S&W Shield. There are several videos that have stunning reviews. One person has put 7,000 rounds through his Shield without a problem.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts