The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on getting yours?

I came from NY, where it cost me an arm, my left leg and the promise of my 1st born to get my pistol permit. I had a PA permit from 2007-2012, but it expired, and I am now a PA resident.

I have a pistol, but do not have my permit yet, so I know that I cannot carry concealed. I refuse to open carry, and want my permit.

I am currently moving, so I'm guessing I should wait to get settled into my new place first, but what advice can anyone give?

·
Registered
416 Posts
What advice are you seeking?

It's a simple process. Submit a completed application and wait for your sheriff's office to call or email you. As long as you don't meet any of the disqualifying criteria, you're issued a permit. They take your photo at the sheriff's office and print it out while you wait.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wait until you move. The process is simple, but you'd have to amend your address immediately so you might as well wait. It should cost like $20 and unless you're a felon or have been involuntarily committed, then you should get it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Sorry, in 2007, I went in and got my permit on the spot, but I wasn't sure if things had changed in 8 years.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I moved after getting my permit, the sheriff's office said I did not need to get the address updated. If you did get it before moving, I would ask if you have to get it changed after.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My permit from 2007 expired in 2012, so I have to reapply.

Plus, I was a NY resident in 2007, and am now a PA resident.

·
Registered
830 Posts
also - it is not called a CCW permit in PA.

It is known as a LTCF (License to Carry Firearms).

easy process in PA - polar opposite of the Peoples Republic of NY.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
As most have said, easy process. If you're not moving ASAP, you could probably go ahead and get it now. There is nothing that requires you to change your address once you move.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts