The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Fishing was really bad today, but caught the my best walleye ever, other than Lake Erie. Just shy of 30”. Got it drifting a night crawler on a jig head under a slip bobber. North end of the lake.

My buddy was gonna weigh it when he got home. Got one other eye, around 22”. A few bass and a couple crappies. Baked our brains today...88 degrees when we finished up.

Buddy said it weighed 8.24 pounds.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Wow!!..That is a whopper there Brownie, Congrats. We`ve caught some nice ones over around Tuttles, but never that big....

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Hey Bigbrownie - what was the fight in that fish like / how long did you fight him and what tackle were you using?

Very nice fish!!

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Bigbrownie - what was the fight in that fish like / how long did you fight him and what tackle were you using?

Very nice fish!!
I had just cast out 3 lines, 6 lb test, all night crawlers on 1/8 jig heads, slip bobber, set for 8 feet. Bobber went under, set hook. Within a few seconds, I saw big fish, down in about 4 feet of water. I had him for less than a minute, then straightened out the jig head hook. While I was getting that line out, it grabbed another crawler on another line. I instantly knew it was the same fish. Let it tire out for a couple minutes, only took one run, when it saw the boat. My buddy did a good job netting it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nice! That's a beauty. Crazy how much that lake has changed over the past 30 years. It's a different fishery and defiinitely far off its quantity peak, but quality of fish is about as good as I've ever seen it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts