The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
30,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking a walk this morning when I saw this beautiful cat and her kitten. I tried to get closer but she wasnt very friendly, and they finally went off into some high brush behind an old building.

·
Administrator
30,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turkey4life said:
nice photos, they didnt spray???
Nope, no spraying. It's always been my experience that they only bring out the big guns as a last resort.
I took those pics along the canal towpath within the village. She probably hears kids and trucks and encounters humans every day of her life. She's used to it all.
I live five miles out of town and arent used to any of it. I'm more likely to spray. Maybe that's why she run off.

·
Administrator
30,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TPlank said:
We need CLOSE UPS!!!
Todd, I'll get closer to that skunk when you get closer to that bear, but it's a pretty good bet that the skunk will wash off a lot easier than the bear will.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Folks have a photo I took of a white with black strip one a few years ago from about 8 feet off a deck! Did not think it was dumb then but do know!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I guess its just me, but the last thing I would have thought about was taking pictures of them.

·
Registered
699 Posts
just last weekend i tried to get pics of a couple my selft but the didnt turn out due to lighting conditions. we were at the beat at lake aurthor swimming at the end of the day. besids us the was about 6 other people in a group. we just walked out of the changing room and the other people took of screaming and running to their car yelling skunk. i hurry up and run over to grab pics. my wife come over telling my how funny it was that people are running away and im running right up to them for pics

1 - 15 of 15 Posts