The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fish the Casselman River in Somerset Co.for smallmouth? Looking for general areas for catch and release fishing. PM's welcome.

·
20,155 Posts
I'm more of a trout fishing but in my explorations I come across good spots for smallies quite often. If I were going to fish the Casselman for bass I would most certainly focus my efforts around Markelton. That's all I really have to day about that. You'll find good numbers of fish there.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the starting point Trout.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Grey, go to the Fort Hill bridge and fish. My sons and I were there this past Sunday and Monday and caught a bunch of smallies. Nothing to brag about, but what a fun day with my boys.

·
20,155 Posts
Cassel is just now down to a really good fishing level by the way. It's been really high most of the Spring. I like it to be 200-400CFS at Markelton on the USGS site for best fishing. Much then that and it is really carrying a head to steam towards the Yough.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Grey, I live very close to these two points. Between both points you will find pocket hole with good numbers of bass and the occasional trout. If you can go downstream of Fort Hill bridge there are a few cold water streams that flow into the Casselman. These spots will produce well. Let us know how you do.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Lurker. Hope to get over that way next week. Will let you know how I do.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The boys and I were there 3 weeks ago and caught a few smallies, no real size. We did really well prior to that on the Yough in Ohiopyle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts