The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I sent to Casey about a month ago regarding the House passage of the Bipartisan Background Check BS bill:

I am writing to urge you vote NO on this bill. I strongly oppose further infringement on our 2nd Amendment. I believe that Congress should be looking for ways to slow the violence in our culture, but through measures that would actually fight crime. Measures such as prosecuting violent crimes rather than allowing otherwise felonious actions to be dropped through plea deals. When someone commits a violent crime they need to be prosecuted fully, and not allowed to have certain charges drop. Enact legislation that goes after criminals, not laws that make criminals out of law abiding citizens.
This bill will do nothing to stop crime. It only further infringes on the rights of law abiding Americans.
There is no "internet loophole," that is a fallacy. Purchases of firearms through Internet sales are shipped to a FFL holder, who then conducts a background check prior to the buyer taking possession. Same as if they bought it in the store.
Again, I urge you to vote NO on the "Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021."

This is the BS response I received this morning:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021. I appreciate hearing from you about these bills.

Representative Mike Thompson of California introduced H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act in the U.S. House of Representatives on March 1, 202. On March 11, 2021 the bill passed by a bipartisan vote of 227-203. This bill would expand federal background checks to the sale or transfer of firearms by private sellers, closing the online sale, gun show and private seller loopholes. The background check requirement would not apply to certain firearm transfers, such as gifts between relatives in good faith.

I am an original cosponsor of S. 529, the Background Check Expansion Act, the Senate companion legislation to H.R. 8. Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut introduced S. 529 on March 2, 2021. The Background Check Expansion Act was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. Should S. 529 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

I support the Second Amendment right of private law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for lawful purposes like self-defense, sporting and collection. Like the majority of Americans, I also believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help prevent the tragic mass shootings, community gun violence, accidental deaths and gun-related suicides that take the lives of approximately 40,000 Americans each year. Among these commonsense measures, I support legislation to implement universal background checks, ensure the safe storage of firearms, prohibit the use of assault weapons and establish risk protection orders to prevent those who pose safety risks to themselves or others from possessing firearms. I also support legislation to fund research at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on firearms safety and gun violence prevention.

While addressing the gun violence epidemic unquestionably begins with commonsense gun reforms, it also involves treating the community roots of gun violence, including barriers to education and housing, as well as lack of economic opportunity. I am committed to addressing each of these root causes so that our communities are not only safer, but also released from the cycles of disinvestment and neglect that are associated with increased gun violence. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, Home | U.S. Senator for Pennsylvania. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator

Not a single part of that reply touches on what I wrote. Just the patent liberal talking points on closing "loopholes" and stopping "gun violence". How does he want to do it? treating the community roots of gun violence, including barriers to education and housing, as well as lack of economic opportunity.
It's just because they're poor and uneducated.....
Idiot!
I will put together a response shortly, even though it'll mean nothing to this nitwit.
I also got a reply from Toomey that I haven't read yet. I'm sure that will just be another form letter blah blah BS response.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is what I sent to Casey about a month ago regarding the House passage of the Bipartisan Background Check BS bill:

I am writing to urge you vote NO on this bill. I strongly oppose further infringement on our 2nd Amendment. I believe that Congress should be looking for ways to slow the violence in our culture, but through measures that would actually fight crime. Measures such as prosecuting violent crimes rather than allowing otherwise felonious actions to be dropped through plea deals. When someone commits a violent crime they need to be prosecuted fully, and not allowed to have certain charges drop. Enact legislation that goes after criminals, not laws that make criminals out of law abiding citizens.
This bill will do nothing to stop crime. It only further infringes on the rights of law abiding Americans.
There is no "internet loophole," that is a fallacy. Purchases of firearms through Internet sales are shipped to a FFL holder, who then conducts a background check prior to the buyer taking possession. Same as if they bought it in the store.
Again, I urge you to vote NO on the "Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021."

This is the BS response I received this morning:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021. I appreciate hearing from you about these bills.

Representative Mike Thompson of California introduced H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act in the U.S. House of Representatives on March 1, 202. On March 11, 2021 the bill passed by a bipartisan vote of 227-203. This bill would expand federal background checks to the sale or transfer of firearms by private sellers, closing the online sale, gun show and private seller loopholes. The background check requirement would not apply to certain firearm transfers, such as gifts between relatives in good faith.

I am an original cosponsor of S. 529, the Background Check Expansion Act, the Senate companion legislation to H.R. 8. Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut introduced S. 529 on March 2, 2021. The Background Check Expansion Act was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. Should S. 529 come before the full Senate for consideration, I will support its passage.

I support the Second Amendment right of private law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for lawful purposes like self-defense, sporting and collection. Like the majority of Americans, I also believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help prevent the tragic mass shootings, community gun violence, accidental deaths and gun-related suicides that take the lives of approximately 40,000 Americans each year. Among these commonsense measures, I support legislation to implement universal background checks, ensure the safe storage of firearms, prohibit the use of assault weapons and establish risk protection orders to prevent those who pose safety risks to themselves or others from possessing firearms. I also support legislation to fund research at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on firearms safety and gun violence prevention.

While addressing the gun violence epidemic unquestionably begins with commonsense gun reforms, it also involves treating the community roots of gun violence, including barriers to education and housing, as well as lack of economic opportunity. I am committed to addressing each of these root causes so that our communities are not only safer, but also released from the cycles of disinvestment and neglect that are associated with increased gun violence. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, Home | U.S. Senator for Pennsylvania. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator
Not a single part of that reply touches on what I wrote. Just the patent liberal talking points on closing "loopholes" and stopping "gun violence". How does he want to do it? treating the community roots of gun violence, including barriers to education and housing, as well as lack of economic opportunity.
It's just because they're poor and uneducated.....
Idiot!
I will put together a response shortly, even though it'll mean nothing to this nitwit.
I also got a reply from Toomey that I haven't read yet. I'm sure that will just be another form letter blah blah BS response.
I received the exact same letter yesterday. Casey is not our friend!

·
Super Moderator
28,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I received the exact same letter yesterday. Casey is not our friend!
As I suspected, just a bs form letter. Guaranteed no one even reads what we send him, which is how my reply will start.

·
Registered
22,081 Posts
his old man needed an organ transplant, it didnt look like he was going to make it. all of a sudden a college kid that was a perfect match and an organ donor was beaten in the right way that made him brain dead but his organs were able to be harvested...hmmmm
i am not a registered organ donor just for that reason, but my family knows my wishes.

Senator casey is rabidly anti-gun, he wants all of them gone.

·
Super Moderator
28,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toomey's reply:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting me about national firearms policy. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.
Like many Pennsylvanians, I have long been a supporter of the Second Amendment. Americans have an individual right to bear arms for self-protection, hunting, and recreation. During my time in the Senate, I have consistently defended Second Amendment rights. For instance, I have voted against a ban on certain semi-automatic firearms and for national concealed carry reciprocity.
That said, I also believe that firearms should be used responsibly and safely. People who use guns in an illegal manner or harm others with them should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Firearms should be kept out of the hands of terrorists, convicted criminals, and the dangerously mentally ill. In the wake of mass shootings, including in Pittsburgh, there have been renewed calls for Congress to take action to confront gun violence. I believe that Congress can and should take steps to address this issue.
First, we must ensure that the federal agencies and states are reporting relevant records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to help prevent future tragedies from occurring. The Air Force's failure to report the Sutherland Springs, TX shooter's criminal record to the FBI is deeply troubling and unacceptable. To that end, I was a cosponsor of the bipartisan Fix NICS Act, which was supported by the National Rifle Association, passed by both chambers of Congress, and signed into law by President Trump in 2018. This new law will help to ensure that federal and state authorities comply with existing requirements to report criminal and other records to NICS. Importantly, it also requires the U.S. Department of Justice to expediently remove law-abiding citizens from NICS in the rare circumstances where they are listed in the system inadvertently. In August 2020, the U.S. Department of Justice announced that more than eight million new records have been added to NICS since the Fix NICS Act was enacted.
Secondly, we should take steps to improve and expand criminal background checks. Towards that end, on multiple occasions since 2013, I joined Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) in introducing a bipartisan amendment regarding national firearm policy. Our amendment would have encouraged states to submit court records to NICS and would have expanded the federal background check requirement for gun sales to apply to sales at gun shows and sales over the Internet.
Such common sense measures are already the law in Pennsylvania. While a gun registry is already prohibited under federal law, our amendment made it a felony for any bureaucrat who tried to create one. The amendment also provided law abiding citizens with expanded opportunities to exercise their Second Amendment rights, including measures to help veterans regain their Second Amendment rights and to allow individuals to purchase firearms across state lines. On March 11, 2021, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 8, a bill that would expand background checks. I will continue to work with my colleagues to try to find a bipartisan, consensus measure to expand background checks that can pass the Senate.
Thirdly, we should take additional steps to assist states with enforcing existing laws against individuals who attempt to purchase firearms but are legally prohibited from doing so, such as convicted felons. Individuals who are willing to "lie and try" to buy a gun may be dangerous and willing to obtain guns through other means. These attempted purchases often violate federal and state laws. Unfortunately, the federal government rarely prosecutes any of these individuals. In addition, state authorities in the 37 states and the District of Columbia rely on the FBI to run some or all of their background checks and are generally not aware when prohibited persons fail background checks run by the FBI.
This is why I have repeatedly cosponsored the bipartisan NICS Denial Notification Act (S. 675). This legislation, which Senator Chris Coons (D-DE) reintroduced on March 10, 2021 is supported by pro-Second Amendment organizations. Our legislation would require the FBI to notify state law enforcement within 24 hours when a person who is prohibited from getting a gun lies about their background in an attempt to buy one. S. 675 would also provide state law enforcement with critical intelligence that they can use to try to keep their communities safe.
We must work together to forge a bipartisan consensus on gun safety, rather than talk past one another with partisan rhetoric. In my view, keeping guns out of the hands of terrorists, convicted criminals, and the dangerously mentally ill is not gun control, but a common sense public safety measure that is fully consistent with my strong support of Second Amendment rights. I remain committed to working with my Senate colleagues to find sensible, bipartisan solutions to address gun safety.
Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.
Sincerely,

Signature

Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

More talking points, many of which are also found in Casey's. How either of these idiots got elected is beyond me! This is what I get for voting out of state for several years, Toomey, Casey, and Wolf!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I also wrote to Casey & Toomey, did not get an answer from either. I knew how Casey would reply based on his answer to you. Thankfully Toomey isn't running again. We need to get rid of Casey. I would like to see how many letters, calls for or against the proposed gun control laws. If majority are against Casey is supposed to representing we the people & should vote accordingly. We need to elect pro 2nd amendment candidates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts