The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that carry a firearm please vote and tell me why you carry that way.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I voted straight, my primary carry gun is a Glock 22 in a Crossbreed super tuck. Of all the holsters I have owned over the years this is by far the most comfortable and concealable.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does one way or the other lend its self to better concealment and/or ease of draw?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I think you are looking for an answer that doesn’t exist.
No two guys are the same, and different guns carry better one way than the other.
It took me many years and several holsters in different designs to come up with what was best for me. Bottom line, if the holster is inconvenient or uncomfortable you will not wear it.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
^ he's right. Everyone is different.

For me, I never wear a concealment garment. By that I mean I never wear a vest, wind breakers, long sleeve dress shirt, etc. I'm normally in shorts and an under armour t-shirt in the spring/summer. So for me having the semi in a holster with cant helps me hid the gun better. My Glocks have a large fat grip and having it ride that way makes less of the grip stick out from behind me. If I were to use a straight drop the grip would be exposed more. You really just have to try different setups to get the gist. I wear mine about 4:00.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I bought this IWB holster for my Glock for $18.99 at Midway USA. I prefer a cant with my Glocks.
DeSantis SOF-TUCK Inside The Waistband Holster

·
Registered
210 Posts
Some of my holsters have a cant, some dont. It really depends on which holster and gun I pick for the day or purpose.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Slight cant on my paddle holster. It keeps the handle butt from poking through and imprinting the back of my shirt when I lean over. I use a DeSantis Top Cop paddle holster that rides high so I need a little cant.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I have the same thing but a vertical, and not adjustable. It doesn't have the leather reinforcement at the slide, but I've been carrying with it for 7 years.

When this one wears out, I'll give the adjustable one a try. Canting can mean a more comfortable carry sitting in a car seat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts