The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I`m not a trapper but I remember seeing pictures of guys with woven baskets straped on there backs.Are they still used today ?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
There's a video going around where a guy used an Alice pack and trash can. Or you can rig up a 5 gallon bucket or just use a traditional pack basket. Johnson's has pack baskets or the 5 gallon bucket organizers

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
I have a tool bag with my equipment in it and one of those shotshell bags you wear on your hip while shooting trap for my baits and lures. Works SLICK! 3 pockets. I keep urine bottles and bait jars in the big one, lures in the middle one and in the front I keep a plastic fork for dealing out bait, a pen and a ziploc bag with my notebook.

I have a bucket for remakes with all different equipment from my new set bag. Regardless of what I'm doing, I just snap that lure / bait bag around my waist and go.

·
Premium Member
24,100 Posts
Here's what I use:

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
That's exactly what I use lugnut but mine is tan.

I keep anti-freeze in the two big bottle holders.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Adam said:
That's exactly what I use lugnut but mine is tan.

I keep anti-freeze in the two big bottle holders.
I bought mine from Next Sterling back when PTA District 11 held the "Gathering" at the Kutztown Gun Club.

Where'd you get yours?

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Ordered it through my uncle who sells trapping supplies too. I think he had to get it through F & T who's his main supplier. I really like it. Doesn't tip over like a bucket.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for the idea's and pictures, I am trying to make something rather than buy.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
When I was a young man and ran a number of foot lines I used packbaskets, usually an 18 inch.

When I was older and started operating out of a vehicle I began using buckets, not the large 5 gallon size preferred by many trappers but just a simple wash-the-car, mop-the-floor plastic bucket. From my store house of supplies in the vehicle I took what supplies I might need at each stop. It worked for me.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
For lures and urines and baits i carry a bag similar to what Adam posted....mine is a little bigger..like a fanny pack but on a shoulder strap...

Everything else is in the truck in 5gal buckets...and a big black truck box...i carry the buckets and keep all my supplies and traps in the box.

At home i dont have to walk far...my far sets are within 1/4mi...buckets work..

At camp on foot in the big woods...buckets are tough...i try to carry 2 just to balance things out...

·
Registered
653 Posts
I use a bag like yours Lugnut but I keep my lures in a small bucket with a airtight lid. When I gotta hike in for beaver or cats I have a fiber pack with a nailbag tied on to carry lures.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ruck sack with a rubbermade trash can inside. I think its a lil too big some times. Its alot bigger than an alice pack. But it does the job and carrys well, i use old mag pouches alice clipped to the out side for holding lure.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Heres my setup, alice pack and some webbing straps with an 18 gal wally world trash can. I've since added some inside storage for scents, shovel etc. Kinda modified it as I use it more.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts